Hacking Can I Install Wii Games With USB Loader GX on my usb partition?

King penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using configurable USB loader, but the same thing happens. I tried two other games but it still doesn't work. It's getting bothersome to have to unplug the Wiiu then go to wii mode again, it takes so long :wacko:. the installing settings seem fine, i just can't find the problem.

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried using configurable USB loader, but the same thing happens. I tried two other games but it still doesn't work. It's getting bothersome to have to unplug the Wiiu then go to wii mode again, it takes so long :wacko:. the installing settings seem fine, i just can't find the problem.

Hmm... are your sure the hard dick works properly?

Reactions: Etkar.H

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The WiiU doesn't provide a lot of power from USB ports.
Maybe you need a Y-cable to connect your flashdrive to WiiU, instead of plugging it directly to the console.

Users with an external hard drives have the same problem, it require either a USB Y-cable, or an external power source.

King penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, turns out we gave the last one away.. anyways i happened to find something i was looking for for a while when i was looking for the y cable, so thank ya! I may use something like imgburn or free iso creator to backup my games if thats possible. Anyways, what do you mean by the wiius ports aren't powerful? i'm konda new to the whole computer thing and it striked my curiosity.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, turns out we gave the last one away..
it means you tested it and it didn't work?
try another flash drive or hard drive.
Anyways, what do you mean by the wiius ports aren't powerful?
The Wii provides more power (in Watts, or milliampere) to USB ports than the WiiU.
A single WiiU's USB Port can't be used to self-power external hard drives.
If you are connecting a hard drive to the WiiU USB port, it requires an additional power source (both USB ports or external power).

winmaster

Weird Kid Who Still Plays Pokemon
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nintenpc.tripod.com
XP
Country
United States
it means you tested it and it didn't work?
try another flash drive or hard drive.

The Wii provides more power (in Watts, or milliampere) to USB ports than the WiiU.
A single WiiU's USB Port can't be used to self-power external hard drives.
If you are connecting a hard drive to the WiiU USB port, it requires an additional power source (both USB ports or external power).

So...I've been wondering this for awhile: Do USB HDD's have problems being used as Nintendo intended on the Wii U as well? It just strikes me as odd that, when Nintendo adds official USB HDD support, they redesign the USB ports in a way such that they can no longer provide sufficient power for such things.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, intended use (WiiU-formated drives) also requires additional/external power source.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wiiu/en_na/system_external_storage.jsp

8. What external USB storage devices can be used with Wii U?
  • What external USB storage devices can be used with Wii U? To ensure maximum performance between your Wii U and an external storage device, we recommend using a hard-disc drive (HDD) with a dedicated power source (i.e., using an A/C adapter). Due to the wide range of external hard drives, usability and performance will vary. For more information on external USB storage devices that can be used with Wii U, click here.
12. Can bus-powered hard disc drives be used with Wii U?
  • Some bus-powered hard disc drives draw more current than the USB 2.0 specification and might not run stably, so we cannot guarantee that such devices will run properly on Wii U without the use of a supplemental power cable called a y-cable that draws power from two USB ports. For best results, we recommend using a hard drive with its own power supply that connects to the Wii U system via the USB port on the console.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there anyway to take my wii games and put it on the computer? I would use my wii but its long gone.
Easiest way is to dump them with a Wii, or possibly Wii U (do not know if that works, I have no idea about Wii U specific possible limitations/compatibility issues). To dump them with a PC you need a drive that can read Wii discs, and there are only 1 or 2 DVD drives that are known to do this.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can dump the games with USBLoaderGX, or any other USBLoader or dedicated homebrew on WiiU.
The game is saved either in wbfs format (compressed) or in 1:1 ISO format (uncompressed, unedited).

Then you can transfer these files by connecting your drive to your computer.

King penguin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question, is there a difference between scrubbing a wii iso with wii scrubber and converting an iso to wbfs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.