Hacking Can I install d2x to both IOS247/248 and IOS249/250 without bricking my Wii?

jmsalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Sorry for the lengthy problem description. I'm a noob and haven't done any Wii hacking in 2 years. My goal is to install multiple USB loaders, as Cfg v70 (on IOS 248) boots all my Wii rips with no problems but won't work with Wiiware/VC despite attempts at ISO forwarding, etc. From scouring forums, I'm under the impression that either USB Loader GX or Wiiflow is the way to go for Wiiware/VC booting from my FAT32-formatted USB Hard Drive.
Originally, I followed GAF's tutorial to install d2x v6 with bases 56 & 57 to IOS's 247 and 248. With this setup, Configurable USB Loader loads all my Wii games from my USB HDD without issue. However, all online tutorials I can find for GX and Wiiflow say they require d2x to be installed in IOS 249 and 250 (with appropriate bases). I've used DOP Mii to get rid of stubs on 249 and 250 but am afraid to proceed with installing d2x until I'm sure it won't interfere with my Cfg USB setup, make my Wii unstable, or brick it. Would it be safe to proceed, and would I need to alter any settings (i.e. bases)?
Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to lend!

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set my IOS to 248 for my Wii games in WiiFlow and they run just fine. I used to have 3 loaders for my games, but now I just use WiiFlow. (I'm still trying to figure out how to change the theme...) I thought it was weird that they said not to do 249, but I guess it's a bit outdated? I did it anyway, but I didn't really need to.

jmsalal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think GAF's method is a little dated. I updated via the "Softmod Any Wii" guide @ Wiihacks. Now, I'm trying to get Neek2o to work right :wacko:

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HK
Yeah, I think GAF's method is a little dated. I updated via the "Softmod Any Wii" guide @ Wiihacks. Now, I'm trying to get Neek2o to work right :wacko:

I believe the GAF tutorial says that when using 249, certain discs will still ask you to update. Not sure why that is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi