Hacking Can I flash Emunand Backup to Sysnand?

ZytaZiouZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wife and I bought Pokemon Sun and Moon, but we found out we can't play it on Emunand with Gateway. I'm a bit too leary to install A9LH, so I was curious if it were possible to backup emunand, and flash that to sysnand to basically unhack our 3DS's and put them back to factory so to speak. I still have a third 3DS that I'll still be able to use gateway with, and we buy all our games anyways (I primarily like having gateway so I can run emulators, especially BlargSNES).

So, would that brick the 3DS? Is it safe to flash emunand to sysnand? I backed up our 3DS's ages and ages ago when I downgraded both of our 3DS's, but I have no idea where the backups are now.

Edit: a bit more info. The 3DS's are downgraded to 4.X via gateway's downgrade function, and the emunand is fully up to date if that makes any difference. Also, if I did flash the emunand backup, assuming it doesn't brick, would any flashed cia's keep as long as any future updates don't break them?

Last edited by ZytaZiouZ,

ZytaZiouZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone with this same problem, I highly recommend taking the plunge and installing A9LH. That fixed all of my issues with playing my Pokemon physical cartridges.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So were you able to flash a gateway emunand backup to the a9hl sysnand?

I also made the switch from gateway to a9hl but my gateway emunand backup that I made with a9hl was corrupt (kept freezing at startup) so i had to go with a fresh sysnand.

ZytaZiouZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear that eroz76. I backed up my emunand and flashed it to sysnand, but so far it's been working great. Also fixed a weird issue where pokemon codes wouldn't work as if they were for another region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY