Homebrew Can godmode9 inject GBC saves into VC Pokemon Prism?

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to inject a Gameyob Pokemon Prism save into a VC version of Prism I made with the Ultimate GBC VC Injector.
It doesn't say anything about GBC save injection in the guide, only GBA. Does it work?

I played a little of Prism, saved, and then extracted it as if it were a GBA game using the guide. But the extracted .sav file is 64KB. The file I want to inject is a 32KB save file created by GameYob. So I guess it probably would not work if I tried injecting this 32KB file?

The reason I want to do this is the audio sounds better in VC than in Gameyob. The snapshot feature is cool too.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to use FBI at least. GBA saves are very different than the other VC games which is why it requires stuff like Godmode9, those you should be able to copy or remove anything else besides GBA games with FBI. Just find the title of the game, and then the save data function. Then find the file you want to copy and paste it there. After that, Load the VC game and reset it.

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So non-GBA VC save management is yet more of the typical 3DS horrible hex numbers save bullshit....Sigh.

FBI says the title ID for the game is 04000000038C200. But when I look in "System Save Data" and "Ext Save Data" this number (or the name Prism) does not appear.

SaveDataFiler shows 38C20 but says it is "broken."

Then I tried using JK's save manager which seems to find Prism. I exported Prism's save data and replaced the 32KB /JKSM/Saves/Prism/sav.dat file with my gameyob Prism.sav file. Then I imported the save back with JKSM. No luck, I start the game and it says that the save data is corrupted and deletes it.

To test whether GBC VC saves were working with JKSM, I tried exporting my game save from YuGiOh Dark Duel Stories with JKSM. It opened fine in Gameyob.
Maybe there is something funny about Prism's save file? I really doubt there is b/c the save file works in Gameyob and Gambatte (on my PC). I'm using the latest Oct 4th version of Prism.

Last edited by romanaOne,

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe I'll stick with Gameyob for now. The sound isn't that bad and save import/export (important with Pokemon games) does not require external tools.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So non-GBA VC save management is yet more of the typical 3DS horrible hex numbers save bullshit....Sigh.

FBI says the title ID for the game is 04000000038C200. But when I look in "System Save Data" and "Ext Save Data" this number (or the name Prism) does not appear.

SaveDataFiler shows 38C20 but says it is "broken."

Then I tried using JK's save manager which seems to find Prism. I exported Prism's save data and replaced the 32KB /JKSM/Saves/Prism/sav.dat file with my gameyob Prism.sav file. Then I imported the save back with JKSM. No luck, I start the game and it says that the save data is corrupted and deletes it.

To test whether GBC VC saves were working with JKSM, I tried exporting my game save from YuGiOh Dark Duel Stories with JKSM. It opened fine in Gameyob.
Maybe there is something funny about Prism's save file? I really doubt there is b/c the save file works in Gameyob and Gambatte (on my PC). I'm using the latest Oct 4th version of Prism.
out of the box, VC Saves wont patch properly and need to be converted before they will you can ask around on the Pokemon Prism Discord, but dont expect super immediate Results, (the GBC Emulator used by the Nintendy VC does have it's flaws and has some inaccuracies that causes some issues down the road for Prism (the most noticeable effect is pokemon cries will be off. i dont know if this is still the case for the version used by Gen II VC's) dont expect ANY support at all if you have a save comming from VBA. Hell sometimes just mentioning that emulator will just get you a Ban on thier Discord.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc