Hacking can any AK homebrew use the SD slot?

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the DSi's SD slot, obviously, adds tons of storage.

can the AK - or any other cart - use the SD slot for ROMs/homebrew/videos/music/etc?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still none of the apps can use the DSi advantages (Cameras, SD Slot, memory, full capacity of the procesor, etc etc etc), some say it is up the flashcards, some say it is up to the way of making an app (according with what I understood)...!!
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Still none of the apps can use the DSi advantages (Cameras, SD Slot, memory, full capacity of the procesor, etc etc etc), some say it is up the flashcards, some say it is up to the way of making an app (according with what I understood)...!!
smile.gif

It's the flashcart itself as far as I'm aware. It boots the DSi into DS compatible mode which switches off all the DSi extras.

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
It's the flashcart itself as far as I'm aware. It boots the DSi into DS compatible mode which switches off all the DSi extras.

that's really interesting. i guess full DSI hardware support is being worked on?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
gui3 said:
TrolleyDave said:

that's really interesting. i guess full DSI hardware support is being worked on?

I couldn't tell you for certain, but I'd imagine it is.

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a suspicion that you will never get support for the DSi hardware (camera, SD card, etc) from any slot 1 cartridge.

The only applications so far that access this hardware have been downloadable programs.

The DSi has been out for a while now, and no slot 1 cartridge uses the new hardware yet....

As has been mentioned already, the DSi probably boots any slot 1 cartridge in some sort of "DS Compatibility" mode that doesn't have access to the new hardware.

Since the Acekard is a slot 1 cartridge, then none of the programs it launches would be able to access this hardware as well.

When/If someone figures out how to hack the downloadable program system and enable us to download anything we want, then you might see homebrew programs accessing the DSi hardware.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i speculate that it has been hacked for sometime but the few who actually know what they are doing do not wish to release anything because there are now so many children in this hobby. before you actaully had to spend $200 to get a GBA flash linker and then weeks researching, hacking, patching roms just so they worked (partially). i don't think we will see dsi kits until the flash linker companies figure it out, which by the way they code their firmrwares won't be anytime soon.

-another world

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i speculate that it has been hacked for sometime but the few who actually know what they are doing do not wish to release anything because there are now so many children in this hobby. before you actaully had to spend $200 to get a GBA flash linker and then weeks researching, hacking, patching roms just so they worked (partially). i don't think we will see dsi kits until the flash linker companies figure it out, which by the way they code their firmrwares won't be anytime soon.

-another world

interesting stuff. a bug part of my interest in this is just learning about the tech

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...