Can an O3DS retractable stylus fit in a N2DSXL?

Just_Ragnar

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So what is our question exactly? About a Stylus or the card reader slot?
Both.

"Title. I'd also like to know..."

This means their post is essentially

Can an O3DS retractable stylus fit in a N2DSXL?
I'd also like to know if there's a fix for the N2DSXL sd card/cartridge flap not clicking in properly. I bought it second hand and the flap just doesn't want to stay in, it's slightly open.​

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The stylus question is no the o3ds as a shorter stick compared to the 2ds and 3ds models and won't fit, it'll constantly fall out. And for the flap I need to see what you mean cos it could be the tiny cables either side need bending back.

Reactions: SMNFXCN

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
OP
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
The stylus question is no the o3ds as a shorter stick compared to the 2ds and 3ds models and won't fit, it'll constantly fall out. And for the flap I need to see what you mean cos it could be the tiny cables either side need bending back.
I won't have my N2DSXL on me for several days, but I wanted to know if there was any extending styluses that fit within the stylus slot for the N2DSXL.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stylus rough length

N2DSXL: 6.9cm

The 3DS also come with a telescoping stylus, extendable to up to 100 mm or 10cm (3.9 in) long

New 2ds XL use micro SD, if you have micro SD in a full size SD slot you can use the micro SD with the N2DS XL

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I won't have my N2DSXL on me for several days, but I wanted to know if there was any extending styluses that fit within the stylus slot for the N2DSXL.
The only real solution would be to buy a new stylus specific to your model--virtually every model of 3DS has a stylus with different dimensions. Even if it would fit, it definitely wouldn't stay put.
You can get styluses online for a trivial amount of money for any model.
As for the flap, does it stay open even if there isn't a game in the slot? Or is it only an issue if there's a game in the slot?

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
OP
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
The only real solution would be to buy a new stylus specific to your model--virtually every model of 3DS has a stylus with different dimensions. Even if it would fit, it definitely wouldn't stay put.
You can get styluses online for a trivial amount of money for any model.
As for the flap, does it stay open even if there isn't a game in the slot? Or is it only an issue if there's a game in the slot?
oh i already have the stock stylus. it's just too small and very annoying to hold. wanted something larger, like those extending styluses.
as for the flap i have to test that this weekend...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1