Hacking Can 3DS downgrade to firmware 10.1 max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nothing is happening now but we'll keep working because we want to get it done.
I am going to be honest, you made a bold statement and now you are saying this. I honestly don't believe that within 24 hours we are going to see anything.
You can't make bold statements like that, without evidence, then retract your statement like this, it just comes off as click baiting and trolling.

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
I am going to be honest, you made a bold statement and now you are saying this. I honestly don't believe that within 24 hours we are going to see anything.
You can't make bold statements like that, without evidence, then retract your statement like this, it just comes off as click baiting and trolling.
They said PROBABLY in 24 hours...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They said PROBABLY in 24 hours...
Regardless of the vague wording, it's still obvious click baiting without evidence. I'm sorry, but I am remaining skeptical. After all of the others claiming to do the same thing only be revealed to be a troll. Until there is solid evidence, I won't get my hopes up.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He said it was possible on Twitter too early, it figured that it wasn't working as expected. Now, we don't promise anything in the next 24 hours or anything. We're just working on it. We'll do a release if something works.
(Or you could read smea's explanation to understand too.)

DiegitusXD

Trophies
XP
Country
Regardless of the vague wording, it's still obvious click baiting without evidence. I'm sorry, but I am remaining skeptical. After all of the others claiming to do the same thing only be revealed to be a troll. Until there is solid evidence, I won't get my hopes up.
It can be real or not and obviously they said that the exploit could work or not so...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I will keep my mouth shut for now and just watch this thread. I just don't want to get burned again, since the release of 9.3, there have been way too many promising a kernel exploit only to fail and it gets very discouraging.

Reactions: DiegitusXD

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
I will keep my mouth shut for now and just watch this thread. I just don't want to get burned again, since the release of 9.3, there have been way too many promising a kernel exploit only to fail and it gets very discouraging.

u can always make ur own work and take a kernel exploit for yourself....but always is better cry .

this is vaporware again...remember the SOONtm

Reactions: DiegitusXD

ayy.lmao!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never trust anybody who doesn't release a PoC during thread creation.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingo's the one who talked about it maybe happening, not the OP of this thread. He never made any thread on this so at least he's waiting until he does have something.

That's like when some random guy from Reddit claims to have a kernel exploit and people rush here to create threads about it happening...

OP shouldn't try rushing to share his "info" just to be the cool kid who told everyone else about the incoming exploit. :glare:

Reactions: fmkid and Mrrraou

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's like when some random guy from Reddit claims to have a kernel exploit and people rush here to create threads about it happening...

OP shouldn't try rushing to share his "info" just to be the cool kid who told everyone else about the incoming exploit. :glare:

What I'm trying to say is that the person who's started working on this isn't to blame at all. Agreed that the OP shouldn't be putting this up and just wait until something like a PoC shows, even then the developer should be the one doing it.

ayy.lmao!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm trying to say is that the person who's started working on this isn't to blame at all. Agreed that the OP shouldn't be putting this up and just wait until something like a PoC shows, even then the developer should be the one doing it.
He confirmed downgrade possibilities in a twitter post. He's the one that created the false hype. What's not to blame?

ayy.lmao!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed only if it was possible. Only a PoC was announced.
6db22666da.png

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He confirmed downgrade possibilities in a twitter post. He's the one that created the false hype. What's not to blame?

At least he does spend his free time working on it, unlike many people like you (and I).

Even, if, of course, he is jumping to conclusions too fast.

Last edited by TuxSH,
Reactions: Mrrraou

ayy.lmao!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look at the date please
(Tip: he said that even before HANS was released)
I think I've proven my point enough. He didn't retract the statement on twitter and he posted it after "trouble running custom code" was posted.
At least he does spend his free time working on it, unlike many people like you (and I).

Even, if, of course, he is jumping to conclusions too fast.
I don't mind people who do that. But seriously? Announcing a PoC before it works?

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think I've proven my point enough. He didn't retract the statement on twitter and he posted it after "trouble running custom code" was posted.

I don't mind people who do that. But seriously? Announcing a PoC before it works?
As TuxSH said,
he is jumping to conclusions too fast.

And we thought that eShop had am:net, too. But it doesn't.
(We didn't understand 3dbrew quite well, as 3dbrew says that eShop calls something in am:net but actually it's the nim:s service which does it)

Last edited by Mrrraou,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)