CALPAL a scam?

tetsuya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Three days ago I receive a phone call at around 7:30pm about charity donation from California Police Activities League. First off, I was like I would love to donate but I'm financially unstable at the moment so maybe another time. They were really pushy trying to get me to donate 10$. Fuck I caved in and said fine I'll donate 5$. I receive the the pledge donation letter in the mail today. The letter looks legit, but the pledge is noted at 10$ (Those fuckers)!!! I also noticed that the check would be sent to a PO Box in Oakland CA. On their website says they're located in San Leandro CA. I'm asking, is this one of those scams? Also if they are legit and I still don't pay would there be any penalty for that pledge.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Never donate to randoms on the phone. Make sure you know any organization you're donating to very well, or you risk being burned. Anyone can set up a PO Box, pick up the phone, and start calling around for donations. If he was smart, he could even have done it in their hometown for more accuracy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1