CALPAL a scam?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tetsuya, Jan 11, 2008.

Jan 11, 2008

CALPAL a scam? by tetsuya at 9:41 PM (1,266 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. tetsuya
    OP

Member tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

Three days ago I receive a phone call at around 7:30pm about charity donation from California Police Activities League. First off, I was like I would love to donate but I'm financially unstable at the moment so maybe another time. They were really pushy trying to get me to donate 10$. Fuck I caved in and said fine I'll donate 5$. I receive the the pledge donation letter in the mail today. The letter looks legit, but the pledge is noted at 10$ (Those fuckers)!!! I also noticed that the check would be sent to a PO Box in Oakland CA. On their website says they're located in San Leandro CA. I'm asking, is this one of those scams? Also if they are legit and I still don't pay would there be any penalty for that pledge.

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It sounds like a scam to me. Why don't you check www.419eater.com

3. tetsuya
    OP

Member tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

Thanks will check it out

4. hollabackitsobi

Member hollabackitsobi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Scam. Never donate to randoms on the phone. Make sure you know any organization you're donating to very well, or you risk being burned. Anyone can set up a PO Box, pick up the phone, and start calling around for donations. If he was smart, he could even have done it in their hometown for more accuracy.