BWii and Manhunt 2: Voices Repeat/Break Game

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by squeakypants, Nov 3, 2007.

1. squeakypants
    OP

Newcomer squeakypants Member

United States
    Okay, I'm not sure if the 1.9g had anything to do with it because I didn't try either game until after I updated. Basically, in either BWii or Manhunt 2, when it gets to any segment where a voice is talking, it repeats midsentence, and keeps doing that for awhile until the game won't continue. The odd thing is, in both games, the opening cinematic plays fine, as does music. This is especially odd in BWii because to me it sounds like the disc isn't reading fast enough (I tried both 3x and 6x), but BWii's cinematic is prerendered. As far as I can tell, all other games work smoothly.

The only other problem I've seen is that SMG levels can take awhile to load: up to about 20-30 seconds. It just stays on a white screen with "space noises" playing.

2. omega59

Member omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    sounds like crap media to me. SMG loads fast for me and manhunt 2 is fine for me. get a clue bud.

3. squeakypants
    OP

Newcomer squeakypants Member

United States
    That's the weird thing though, every other game works well. I'll try getting some Verbatim (I've only got like 15 of these left anyway), but I can't help but thinking it's something else.

4. Demios

Newcomer Demios Newbie

Ireland
    I got the exact same problem...never had it up until now...you think its got to do with those recent wiikey updates?

5. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Canada
    Bad disc...get some Taiyo Yuden...the Wii is extremely picky with media.

6. Bob Loblaw

Member Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    always use good media...it will save your wii laser and you the trouble of wondering what's wrong with the game not working...you're saving like $49 by burning the game, why cheap out on blank dvd's?