noob killer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey there i was thinking of making a purchase of the wii u since my bro fucked up my 3ds and abducted it to his cave. i have the money to get it but is it worth getting, i have a ps3, was thinking of getting another 360(rrod), or another 3ds(coop games) many options dont know what to choose from.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's totally worth getting, I love my WiiU.
Totally beats my other consoles.

DISCLAIMER: This message brought to you from: The Future, where your question will be valid.

In all seriousness, check the game list. Is it really that freakin' hard to form an opinion? People can't be THIS lazy.

Reactions: 2 people

noob killer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i was thinking wii u deluxe zombiu codbo2 and mario bros.

also i would like a 3ds like stated for coop games with my bro. a 360 for my friends(live)
i still dont know, is there like a preorder bonus or something

also thanks for the quick reply

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you mind if I necrobump this thread in two or three months to let you know if it has any staying power?

If not, I can do a really cute nintendo fanboi impression. :P

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bonuses? Wii u probably have deals in some places.

Knowing Nintendo track record, Wii u will at least be stable / long lasting.

:P

Cod got u for multiplayer and it had duel screen play.

noob killer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
actually i like the story more then multi.

hey do you require a tv to play the wii u, i know its not portable like ds but can you play any game on just the controller and console

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey do you require a tv to play the wii u, i know its not portable like ds but can you play any game on just the controller and console
No. You can play without the TV. I didn't think there are any games that is a exception to that feature either.
If you can do this with all games, I may get one and not even hook it up to my TV. That would be amazing.

Sly 3 4 me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game-pad will be able to presumably be able to let you connect with the Wii U up to a certain distance (Hopefully within the bounds of a home, unless you live in a mansion). I'm hoping it can work up to 30-50 feet from the console. Then I can sit in my bed if my console is in another room. Hopefully the controller will be able to turn off the console without me having it check to make sure it does. I'm always too cautious with that and will probably check each time anyway..

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game-pad will be able to presumably be able to let you connect with the Wii U up to a certain distance (Hopefully within the bounds of a home, unless you live in a mansion). I'm hoping it can work up to 30-50 feet from the console. Then I can sit in my bed if my console is in another room. Hopefully the controller will be able to turn off the console without me having it check to make sure it does. I'm always too cautious with that and will probably check each time anyway..
I think it is 25 feet at best,but it can go farther.
If you can do this with all games, I may get one and not even hook it up to my TV. That would be amazing.
I'm sure very few games at least would be TV only,but I may be wrong.
sweet on my way to go pay for it soon

thank you guys
Even though I couldn't get it, I think black would be worth it, if you can get it.

You might want to do bit more info on the games on the controller thing.

Welcome. ^_^

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I would think there would be some games that would require the second screen if the second screen plays some essential role that wouldn't leave space for what you'd see on the main screen. It would be NICE if developer's would even then add a 1-screen mode where you could toggle between the two needed screens much the way traditional games had to do when there was only one screen available but some developers will be lazy.

Another point is games like ZombiU where you use the gamepad to bludgeon your enemies. It's really hard to see the screen when you're swinging it, like closing your eyes every time you swing an axe at a zombie. Even that, though, could just add to the suspense kinda like hitting something with a flashlight in Doom 3 where you can't see anything while you swing.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anywhere still taking preorders? I wanted to preorder the black wii u and all the places I checked were out of preorder stock.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill