Gaming Buying Eshop cards from an eshop on another country?

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello,
I'm trying to buy games from Nintendo Eshop using paysafecard,which is probably only doable by using online sites (may be scam,I know,but that's the only thing I have as of now)
I found a ''trust-worthy'' site,and the main site is on Netherlands,and it also warns that the codes it offers can only be redeemed in the Netherlands region.
Does that mean that since my console is not from Netherlands,it won't redeem on the eshop ?(well,IF it's a valid code,again)
Can changing my country to the Netherlands bypass this ?
Thanks in advance

Irishsea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Changing to Netherlands via your account info then signing into eshop will allow you to do this. But make sure you end up with a zero balence after purchase or your locked to that region or loose balance.

To bypass this, just make another account based in Netherlands.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello,
I'm trying to buy games from Nintendo Eshop using paysafecard,which is probably only doable by using online sites (may be scam,I know,but that's the only thing I have as of now)
I found a ''trust-worthy'' site,and the main site is on Netherlands,and it also warns that the codes it offers can only be redeemed in the Netherlands region.
Does that mean that since my console is not from Netherlands,it won't redeem on the eshop ?(well,IF it's a valid code,again)
Can changing my country to the Netherlands bypass this ?
Thanks in advance
I believe it would work in any country that uses the same currency (Euro), but I may be wrong there (please update me on whether this is true or not)
That's always how it's worked in the past.
But yes you can temporarily change your country and it will definitely work. You might not need to though.
Or you can make a second account just for the purpose of using the Dutch eShop.

SwaGoat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Changing to Netherlands via your account info then signing into eshop will allow you to do this. But make sure you end up with a zero balence after purchase or your locked to that region or loose balance.

To bypass this, just make another account based in Netherlands.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I have the same doubt as The Real Jdbye,but other than that,why should I end up with 0 balance,isn't balance supposed to remain in the account ? I'd buy more games after this (supposing startselect's cpdes will work) but will the account with the changed region get ''deleted'' or something ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.