buying an r4 card plz help

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aside from aliexpress where can i buy an r4 gold card for my ds lite for 12$ or less? most of the ones i see for sale on ebay dont mention where to download the kernel let alone the os or menu

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
aside from aliexpress where can i buy an r4 gold card for my ds lite for 12$ or less? most of the ones i see for sale on ebay dont mention where to download the kernel let alone the os or menu
Most of the R4 cards sold on AliExpress and eBay from 3rd-party re-sellers are clones of the same chip, but with different branding on them. The firmware that they provide you to download contains what is known as a "timebomb": which means after a few years go by, the firmware would be in-operatable, prompting you to buy another cart. This can be bypassed, however, by downloading an alternative kernel such as TWiLight Menu++ or YSMenu.

• Wow
Reactions: DragonMals

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SylverReZ if i buy one from aliexpress can i just load the YSMenu on it andcall it a day or do i need a special kernel?
Yes. Kernels such as Wood R4, YSMenu or TWiLightMenu++ will for sure work. Make sure you buy the right flashcart for your system. The black DS flashcarts with no label and green PCB are R4 DS clones which will only work with the DS/DS lite, get something like an Ace3DS or R4 Gold Pro like you mentioned.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol