Hacking Buying a DSi, What Flashcard To Buy?

Kyrue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All of them are likely to stop working if Nintendo comes out with a firmware update. They all also work nearly identically to the non-DSi versions (Acekard 2i works just like an Acekard 2, DSTTi works just like a DSTT, etc) so you could probably want to base your decision on the Acekard 2, EZFlash V, and DSTT.

-Bri

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whatever. I also plan to get a DSi on Launch Dad (Because of the Sell tatics of the Wii...), I just want to know which of the three cards;
Updates the most often
What features each one has
Compatible with YASU Menu DS?
Cheat Support
Moonshell Support?

If one dies out, then...They would not die out because of a firmware update for the DSi, it is hardware not software
(and if it was software, why update? It would get a crack anyway. Duh!)

The DSi I chose to buy is the Jet Black one, (Cuz the blue one is Duke Blue *barf*)

It will set me back $170.00 + Tax for the DSi Alone! With the next card; I don't care about price, I want Features and will it last a good 5 years...the R4DS Firmware lasted 1 year, then died. If the DSi Flashcard I chose works with YASU Menu then that is a Win, as YASU updates his firmware every so often, the latest is 2/09/09 or something.
DO NOT ASK WHERE TO OBTAIN URL FOR YASU DS DOWNLOAD. Find it yourself, Like I did. (It took me 5 hours!)

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of my above post is because I bought a R4DS for my DS Lite just to have the firmware die out a year later.

I want Micro SD Support, Cheat Code Support (USRCHEAT.DAT), Skin Support, Constant Updating of Firmware, ROM Support, and information if it is compatible with YASU's YSMENU DS or not.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would hold off on getting that flashcard, as it's been speculated that Ninty will come out with a new firmware blocking the exploit. If this happens, then depending on which flashcard you have (updatable boot code or not), you may be screwed.

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
I say just get the best DS lite cart as in all likeliness they will update the card to work, also theres going to be custom firm ware, it happened with the psp, or maybe even a hardware fix like a psp.

also I think the updates are bull as there console is aimed at kids, kids can't update firm ware
wacko.gif

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks dude. I'll just have a ROM-Less DSi, bah, you know what? I'll just get the DSTTi (If it works with YASU DS) and use that, and when (if Gantendo DARES) to update their firmware (you can factory reset it duh) then I'll just buy another flash card with my money (cuz when they do that, I should have a JOB by then.)

And why the hell would one need to update the DSi Firmware!? For Wii-I mean DSi Ware!? What's going to be so great about DSi Ware? It's not like BOB's GAME is going to be DSi Ware or anything like that.

(And I garentee that the DSi Ware will become hacked just like the Wii Ware did.)

redviper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The update could probably be included in game cartridges and installed automatically like on PSP or downloaded automatically when connecting to the interent. So you may don't even notice that your DSi is updating itself.

imqchummy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The boot loader of the DSTTi is not updatable. In case of a firmware update on the DSi from Nintendo, this card might be useless. Acekard 2i and EZ Flash Vi boot loaders are updatable so I would pick one of these instead of the DSTTi. Until release date in NA, we still don't know what will work and what wont. Personnaly, I would go with the acekard because the interface is awesome and I love so sort my games in different folders(ex: RPG, Action, Racing). Normmatt and Smiths are very active on this site with AKAIO firmware.
I'm a proud owner of an Acekard 2 and i don't regret it at all.

kingdruid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thelowridergame.com
XP
Country
United States
I bought an AK2I and it died after 1 week of using it on a DS Lite (Official Firmware). It just wouldn't read the card anymore. It wasn't worth paying the price to ship it back to DealExtreme so I opened it up to inspect it and see if maybe I had pushed a pin in or something. The hardware look perfectly fine with a magnifying glass so it must have just been bad hardware or corrupted software that killed the chip. I'd stay away from it if I was you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission