Burning with Alcohol 120?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Heran Bago, Apr 20, 2007.

Apr 20, 2007

Burning with Alcohol 120? by Heran Bago at 4:23 AM (1,978 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Heran Bago
    OP

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Time to burn me a disc image! No problem. I've been doing this with alcohol 120% for ages. Okay, take the image out the rars..

Alright, it's not scrambled! [​IMG] I can just load up the .iso into alcohol, right?

[​IMG]

This is weird. I've never seen this before...
    I'll assume alcohol knows more than me and just continue...

[​IMG]

Looks good, slowest speed. I'll just put a disc in here and hit start.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] wtf?

Can anyone point out what I'm not doing right here? I feel ridiculous. I'm not one to ask for for assistance but daaaamn. What's going on here GBAtemp?

e: I know I can use another program like Nero Burning Rom, but I like alcohol. [​IMG]

2. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    What kind of DVD's do you use? I suggest trying another prog like IMGburn or something to see if that works

3. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    alcohol 120% wasnt working for me either, just used nero and everything is ok [​IMG]

4. CYatta

Member CYatta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I believe block size is actually supposed to be set to 2048. Though I've never actually used Alcohol to burn Wii ISO's since Nero is much easier (and I'd to verify it after it's burnt)

5. Chronics

Newcomer Chronics Advanced Member

United States
    never burn with 16x??

6. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    just use imgburn

7. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I had the same problem with Alcohol 120%, and I solved it by using Imgburn instead...
    This specific thing(waiting for you to insert a dvd forever even though it's already there) it's because alcohol is expecting the exact same kind of media to perform a 1:1 copy.
    In fact , it turned out to be the dvd's fault, the ones I was using, HP dvd +r, somehow they are not compatible with alcohol when it comes to Wii's backup.
    I did a little research and some other users pointed out that I needed a different type of DVD.
    I did manage to burn those games with those HP dvd + r with Imgburn though, but defenetly when I run out of DVD's I will buy a different brand.

8. dohclude

Member dohclude GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you were using imgburn (free software by the way) then you would not have any problems. I got all kinds of coasters when I was using NERO, but then I switched to imgburn, and have never had a problem since.