OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hello,

I plan to buy a Xbox 360 from a friend, and I will of course mod it.

But, I know all Xbox 360 games come on dual-layer discs, so I will have to burn my backups on DVD-DL. My only experience in DVD-DL burning was with Smash Bros Brawl, and it was complicated... All the discs burnt with my computer were bad (lags in videos, game freezing, etc.), even burnt on quality discs (Verbatim), and I had to use my roommate's computer to burn a fully working disc. The problem is: this roommate isn't here anymore, so I can't use his computer to burn DL discs.

Does the 360 need burnings to be "as good" as the Wii to work? If so, I can't use my computer to burn 360 isos...

Where could the problem be? A cheap burner (a Dell one, called TSSTcorp something...)? Computer specs too weaks (2ghz, 1gb RAM...)?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think it matters on the Computer Specs. I have a OEM TSSTcorp dvd drive and all my dvds turn out perfect.

Buy Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL's and make sure you burn at 2x or 2.4x

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mostly any pc will burn a disk just fine. My old laptop (1.8 ghz, 512mb) did it just fine. The only thing you might have a problem with is your dvd burner. I suggest you take a look at textbook's 360 guide for more info.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well before people start blaming the dvd burner i have the same, maybe, and i burned 9 perfect dvds and all came out fine.

2rnvd37.png

Thats the TSST burner i have, if you have the same then don't worry about your buner. It is fine.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm, not sure what happened with brawl
tongue.gif

But with a TSSTcorp burner, Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL's and burning at 2x it will work because that is what i use and i've had no problems yet.

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Used that with Brawl too, and the videos were laggy / freezing. :wtf:

Maybe that was just a bad luck... And my brother have another TSSTcorp (Dell) burner model in his computer... if mine really don't work with 360, I can try swapping burners to see if his burner model work better. ^^

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Remember about the BookType setting. Your burner has to set the DLs to DVD-ROM, if you mod your 360 with iXtreme. Seeing that Prime has a similiar burner, it shouldn't be a problem, but better be safe than sorry, when handling a costly DVD DL
wink.gif

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have to set the booktype any more, everyone does , but you don't need to. The booktype has been being overidden by the firmware for ages now.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah i've burned 360 games on 3 different computers and 4 different burners (one was external) and only set the booktype for the first one and never bothered with the rest and all burners worked fine.

only once I had to reburn a game (orange box) at a faster speed than the first burn because the first burn didn't work right. (menu screen was black instead of showing the different backgrounds of each game)

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
You don't have to set the booktype any more, everyone does , but you don't need to. The booktype has been being overidden by the firmware for ages now.

Agreed. But I'm so just used to firing up dvdinfopro before I burn, kinda automatic lol.
grog.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As for Brawl, I heard some Wiis have problem reading even retail copy of Brawl and need to be sent to Nintendo for repair. (That's what I heard when I was renting it.)
It was like the third rental and doesn't always recognize the disc.

You should have little to no problem with 360 because it's designed to read tons of DL-DVD games.
No need to worry about booktype, as I never knew about having to set it to DVD-ROM and never had problems. I just know layerbreak it at 1913760 =P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X