Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 CDs. On one of them I have Microsoft Office 2007 installation on it and the other one I have Symantec Anti-Virus program. So I wanted to burn both of those programs into 1 DVD. The thing is if I put the Office 2007 disk in my computer I have to go to My Computer, then press on the disk, then press on the folder were it says Office 2k7 then press on the Setup button. Same goes with the Symatnec CD. So I was wondering if I take each folder from the CD and drag n drop it into my computer so I have the Office 2k7 folder on my computer, and the Symantec folder, then I can put in a blank DVD and drag n drop both of those folders into my DVD. Will that work?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Assuming it's just the installers for both (and they're both cracked to not require the original CD info) then yes.

However if it's off a retail/legit/unmodified disc, then likely no because it'll try to get it off the original disc, which isn't in there (and if you fake the info of one disc, only one of the programs will work).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't the legit disks. They are one of those Sony CDs. But what if these CDs were had fake info on them? I don't know if they so because these aren't my CDs.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Symantec disk in My Computer is named: Symantec (E:)
The Microsoft Office 2007 is named: Office2k7 (E:)

Also when I put in the disk. The windows thing popups and asks me with which program do you want to open the Picture files from.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Copy the folders onto your harddrive, take the CD out, and run the installers. If they work, then you have nothing to worry about.

You can use CDBurnerXP to burn a DVD with the folders on it.
http://cdburnerxp.se/
I used IMGburn to do it. It worked perfectly. I uninstalled Office on my computer and reinstalled it with the new DVD I made and everything worked.

I was wondering something actually currently I have Windows XP 32bit. If I update to Windows 7 will the Office that I have work on it or will only work on Windows XP? I would probably think it will work with both.

But I am not sure about Symantec. Because when I open up the Symantec folder, I get these folders in it:
WEBINST(some stuff are in this folder)
WIN32(Some stuff are in this folder and a Setup.exe. This is the one I used on my computer last time on XP)
WIN32SCS(Other folders in this thing)
WIN32VISTA(Some stuff and a Setup.exe) I guess this folder is for Vista installation.
WIN64( A setup.exe in it and some other files) I guess this is for Windows XP 64bit?
WIN64VISTA( A setup.exe in it and some other files) I guess this is for Windows 64bit Vista.

There isn't a Win7 folder in here. So I am not sure if it will work with Windows 7.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Nope. Only 10.2 and later, not 10.1.

Not kidding either.
DAM. And do I need to purchase 10.2? Or its a free upgrade from 10.1?

Ugh this is so retarded. Now I probably won't be able to ever upgrade to Windows 7.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
It's a minor version bump of the client, so just download the installer from their site, install it on 7, and activate it with your code.
I don't have a code! When I put the CD in I just press the setup button and it doesn't tell me to write any code just keep pressing Next.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1