Bunch of iPad questions

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by Gagarin, Aug 8, 2010.

Aug 8, 2010

Bunch of iPad questions by Gagarin at 9:41 PM (1,079 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Finally I got it and so far - I love it. Unfortunately I have a bunch of questions that I can't figure out.

1. After jailbreaking, during booting the system, right next to logo there is a line of dead pixels (they disappearing after 10 seconds). Anyhow to get rid off that?

2. Any alternative software like [Redacted]? About 10% of apps that I try to dwn are broken, dead linked or not exist in [Redacted].

3. What is the easisest way to install ipa from a computer? Should I install it into iTunes or some other way to do it?

4. Is there anyway to backup my ipad with apps and docs on it so I can always restore it if something will go wrong?

5. Some apps need to be updated, but I can't do it via iTunes. Is there an app for that?
    That's it so far.

2. metamaster

Member metamaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    1. This means you jailbroke with star (jailbreakme). This is completely normal and it is caused by the jailbreak. Unfortunately, this cannot be avoided.

2. On the iPad, no. You can find api's on the internet, and then transfer them to /private/var/mobile/Documents/[Redacted]/Downloads through SSH (you need openSSH to do so) and then open [Redacted] to install them, or you can open the api in iTunes and sync with your iPad. I am experiencing the same problem as you, but again, it is unavoidable.

3. Look at 2.

4. An iTunes backup does that. But to back up Cydia apps, install rockapp, make an account and press backup apps in settings. When you restore, you can reinstall rock, link your device to that account and restore your Cydia apps.

5. [Redacted] has that feature integrated. It's on the top right side of [Redacted]. It displays updates that have been cracked and are consequently available.

3. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom

4. Gagarin
    OP

United States
    what about cheats and saves replace in ipad?
    Some games are so hard.

5. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Unfortunately, there are no cheat code engines (I wouldn't bet on one being made). To my knowledge, there also aren't any sites that aggregate game saves, either.

6. Gagarin
    OP

United States
    To bad there is no cheat engine for iOS machines.

Now, can I backup my iTunes with all ipas on it? Can I transfer that backup to another computer?

I have some doc and pdf books on my computer. Is there a software to convert it into epub so it would be recognizable by iBooks program? I know I can read it in Stanza and other readers, but I really want iBooks.