Hacking Build your own dongle (Research and development thread)

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, meant the micro usb to usb c...
not sure what he used but for what i built i used this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIY-24pin-USB-C-USB-3-1-Type-C-Male-solder-Plug-Connector-SMT-type-with-PC-board/272579118682?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
instead of plugging in an adapter.

here are my images i did for the plug i received to use it for usb to usb c:

PxaETYz.png

hIXLqGC.png

but i didn't use this to make a payload dongle (i used something else) i used it to make my own custom adapter that lets me charge the switch and use a dongle to inject a payload at the same time, i made it as a proof of concept mostly for people who are using AutoRCM and have a flat battery.

Last edited by RazorX2014,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you know where I can buy ready-to-use dongle (with a battery) for injecting payloads?
Having to always to plug my switch to the computer or phone is borring (+ have usb cable) when I'm not at home or no more battery on my phone.

I seriously plan to buy SX PRO just for their dongle :rofl:
Any guys here selling one?

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know where I can buy ready-to-use dongle (with a battery) for injecting payloads?
Having to always to plug my switch to the computer or phone is borring (+ have usb cable) when I'm not at home or no more battery on my phone.

I seriously plan to buy SX PRO just for their dongle :rofl:
Any guys here selling one?
you do realise this thread is about making your own dongle right? lol

Reactions: Taorn

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Asia81

MuppetPaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anybody figured out how xecuter managed to charge their dongle over the Switchs usb port? I mesured on a pluged in usb connector...between V and GND are about 2v. If you try to draw current the voltage breaks down, no current at all.

Wierd_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody figured out how xecuter managed to charge their dongle over the Switchs usb port? I mesured on a pluged in usb connector...between V and GND are about 2v. If you try to draw current the voltage breaks down, no current at all.

Apparently you need a special resistor to trigger the higher voltage.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
they are using a supercap -
if you see the video online and their manual, whilst turned on, you plug the dongle to the switch and wait for the light on the dongle to turn green, when it's green, you enter rcm mode and reinsert the dongle.

--- btw just got the router, will try fuseelede later when i get home - (actually i already tried the the splash is still qualcom lol, maybe the firm upgrade didn't work)

Wierd_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bajul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Wierd_w

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how to flash it with loader for sx os?

If you have the SX OS payload, rename it to payload.bin, and push it to the appropriate folder with winSCP. After that, it will do what you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone know if TP-Link TL-MR12U can be used?
tl-mr12u.jpg

OpenWRT says yes.

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr12u

When building the image from the posted sources, just pick the appropriate target.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the SX OS payload, rename it to payload.bin, and push it to the appropriate folder with winSCP. After that, it will do what you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OpenWRT says yes.

https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr12u

When building the image from the posted sources, just pick the appropriate target.

Thanks I am buying now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol