Bug Report: Soft Reset not working in 01/06/09 (June 1st) Loaders

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Rascal, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Rascal
    OP

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This was mentioned in another thread but the title didn't quite get the point across so it might have been missed. While the 01/06/09 loaders corrected the AC:WW Saved Letters bug for me and a few others (thanks again Normmatt), soft-reset appears to have broken. So far I've heard 2 reports of this besides my own experience. If anybody else has noticed this, please chime in.

Here are my specs:
    AK2i
    AKAIO 1.4.1
    AKAIO Loaders dated 01/06/09
    HWID:81
    Soft Reset enabled as default action for all ROMs
    Tried on both a DSL and DSi
    Tried with several games, same result. It freezes with white screen.

2. Vampirex

Member Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    use the older version of the loader if you really need soft-reset. I don't know if the bug is being addressed. But Normmatt's has been informed on IRC #Acekard, that soft-reset is broken. I have AK2 loader in downloads. But seems you need the AK2i one.. can't help u there buddy

3. Rascal
    OP

United States
    I need the new loaders because of how often my daughters save letters in AC:WW. Soft reset is less important, but would like to see it corrected. Thanks for letting me know that Normmatt is aware. I can't IRC at the office, so I have to resort to the forums.

4. klopfdreh

Member klopfdreh GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I use the softreset of the dsi so I don't need the one of acekard, but I think it is important for the dslite users. The older loader is packed into the repack version in the downloadsection, isn't it.

5. Rascal
    OP

United States
    I also prefer the DSi reset myself. Takes a few seconds longer to get back into AKAIO, but I like it better than pressing 5 buttons. Unfortunately, my daughters only have DS Phats and need soft-reset and their AC:WW.