Hacking Question Buescreen after internal modchip installation

kristiansja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So i got bluescreen after installing a modchip. i checked all the connections with my multimeter and everything seems fine.

And i also have problems booting into RCM. I have backups. I also mesured that there is power

Last edited by kristiansja,

kristiansja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sorted, undid the battery and it did it. But i am only recieving 1.4v instead of 3.3v. I am using NAND chip point. It is so bizzare. Maybe i should make another thread? @mattytrog

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorted, undid the battery and it did it. But i am only recieving 1.4v instead of 3.3v. I am using NAND chip point. It is so bizzare. Maybe i should make another thread? @mattytrog
Post some pictures. Can`t really help further until you do.

Every problem like this has been due to a simple incorrect point, lifted trace or solder splash.

I`m 99.9% sure something is bridged that shouldn`t be.

kristiansja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not sure if I like the look of that solder joint on the nand connector, the purple cable. Looks really large and possibly going over another trace?
i asked evilsperm about this, he said i could bridge thouse because its more or less the same testpoint

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Just take a look at these pictures young man.

Can you take a look at the points I`ve mentioned?

Cheers
Matty

:)
9ECHSwV.jpg
LRAtUy5.jpg

D

Deleted User

Just take a look at these pictures young man.

Can you take a look at the points I`ve mentioned?

Cheers
Matty

:)
-snip-
I thought it looked like something in the connector too, but figured it might just be a reflection or poor lighting or something. Glad to see I'm not crazy.

And I thought you're right aswell. On further look, some of those wires are awful long, with alot of wire exposed.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i asked evilsperm about this, he said i could bridge thouse because its more or less the same testpoint

The point you have soldered to is a solid trace anyway.

You can safely bridge it. This should have been for another component that was never fitted

I`m praying for you that the BTB connector isn`t damaged. This why the NAND point is a bad idea. As I`ve always said...

Last edited by mattytrog,

kristiansja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fixed it, ran a new wire from the nand, nothing. Fixed it adding lots of solder to the ground. Seems to have been a narly connection. Pad really hated solder.

Chip works wonders

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
fixed it, ran a new wire from the nand, nothing. Fixed it adding lots of solder to the ground. Seems to have been a narly connection. Pad really hated solder.

Chip works wonders
Good lad.

Yes your iron needs to be warm for the GND trace.

Just shorten those wires. Looks messy with them 20ft pythons long wires though I`m sure your soldering is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: