• Views 1,385
  • Replies 12
  • Likes 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
This is just a suggestion and I know somethings are limited by forum software.

I am wondering if instead of not allowing users to do anything if it would be possible to allow them to browse the forum but just not post or link. I know this can be done with a lurker but sometimes you are automatically signed in when you are on a browser so you just sit there.

Reactions: Deleted User

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, its not like you can't just get any other alternative browser, switch a profile or delete cookies and log in data to prevent being logged in automatically

Reactions: Deleted-236924

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got around it. It isn't that hard. But I used an alternate browser which sucks (cough MS Edge cough)

Why do you have your browser remember your passwords? You could have just disabled that feature in your browser for gbatemp while you were banned, then you could have used your regular browser. In your first post you said it's a limitation of the forum software, but it's not, it's you having your browser sign you in automatically is what caused the problem.

Last edited by stomp_442,
D

Deleted User

OP
Look, we aren't here to talk about how I run my electronics and what my preferences are. This isn't a tech support thread so if you wish to say something speak about the topic and say something everyone can benefit from.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are IP banned then use a Proxy or VPN.

If you are username banned then clear your cookies and/or browser data to log out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-