Homebrew Browserhax is STILL WORKING

the assaf

Trophies
XP
Country
What firmware and make sure to use tubehax dns or any dns that blockd Nintindo server before opening the browser since it the only way to not get the browser nag.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Turn off the wifi and enter the url. It will give you a error saying yoh are offline but the url should stay. Now exit the browser and turn your wifi back on and open the browser. It should load browserhax in a few seconds.
I'm using 10.1.27u o3ds.

mikimusone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Turn off the wifi and enter the url. It will give you a error saying yoh are offline but the url should stay. Now exit the browser and turn your wifi back on and open the browser. It should load browserhax in a few seconds.

I'm using a N3DS, should I turn off my router?

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went to the web browser, added the bookmark to the link while the wifi switch is on, and went to the settings to change the dns. Then I just turned off my 3DS, turned it back on, opened browser and clicked on the bookmark to BrowserHax. Takes about 30 seconds for it to load BrowserHax but it works like a charm, every time. No failures, not even once. I'm on N3DS 9.9 firmware.

Ah-ha-ha-ha! That's what I needed to do. Using the first set of DNSes given in the description seemingly work like a charm. It fails to load the update nag and then launches me into Browserhax (though it's a bit longer than what it was before).

Seems like Browserhax is still safe for now! Thank you for the helpful advice!

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried this, it didn't require me to update. Couldn't get it to load the page, though. Probably because of my internet's weird handling of my internal IP Adress (it has it set as an external one because I have DMZPlus enabled) or because I didn't actually do it offline. I just changed my 3DS' DNS to an invalid one. Will try an actually offline server with a proper internal IP tomorrow.
FOLLOWUP: May be onto something, here. Got it to connect to my stupid proprietory server written in a stupidly high language. Anyone wanna recommend a php compatible web server? :D

Daniela Rodriguez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way I have a 2ds, because before my Nintendo boycott I had two ds lites break due to hinge issues so I bought a 2ds to avoid that.

I regret making that decision because had I not bought a 2ds, I could be playing GBA games by now. Shit.

I like how in small ass font you put doesn't work on a 2ds playing with people's emotions and shit.

CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I got the Homebrew channel back up and working for me and also installed the offline version of themehax. I'm using a N3DS (New Nintendo 3DS XL) running on NEW 9.9.0-26U
I used the two DNS things that Seita thankfully mentioned:
107.211.140.165 as primary DNS
107.211.140.065 as secondary DNS
...and tried nearly 50 times (I'm not exaggerating) trying to get browserhax to work and restarting my N3DS over and over with no luck. But then, I found this:
Using Smea's website ( https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ )
First obtain the starter kit, and put this on the root of your SD (don't forget to also download the offline version of themehax from op, install that after the kit and confirm the file overwrite), then, obtain the otherapp payload corresponding to your version, it should be a bin file (mine was named POST5_U_20480_usa_9221.bin for example), this file goes to the root of your SD card, you should also grab the ropbin payload since we'll need it for later, it'll have the same exact name as the otherapp payload but with a (1) appended at the end, rename it to menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin

Next, turn off your 3DS' wireless capabilities, go to your browser, clear your cookies/history and back out,
use L+R to turn on the camera and scan this QR code

3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png

Confirm to launch browser, you will get an error message saying wireless communications are disabled, that's fine, now back out of your browser, turn on wireless, and go back to your browser ... your bottom screen should flash a few colors, and if done correctly the homebrew menu should boot up allowing you to install themehax offline version (for me it was at the very bottom of the list), notice that we are not dont just yet.

Now, after all of this is said and done, the menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin file that we downloaded earlier, place it in the root of your SD card and confirm the overwrite process. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-2-5-on-themehax-manually.400784/page-5)

This method worked perfectly for me, so I hope this helps other people who are struggling~ xD

Tips:
- For people who were already using Homebrew but just can't use it at the moment, you already have the starter kit. Don't worry about getting it again.
-Make sure your theme is not a Custom-Theme nor a bought theme. It can be any of the DEFAULT themes, but I highly suggest the original White theme.
- Do NOT think you're done after you install the offline themehax. Do the last step or else your N3DS will most likely get screwed up, as she says in the Quote. Skipping steps for this thing is insane.
- I tried this method on my 2DS, which is OLD 9.9.0-26U, but I had forgotten that I never affiliated my 2DS with Browserhax. So there's another clumsy reason it might not work on a 2DS.
-When the bottom screen starts flashing colors and it freezes (most likely at the color yellow) just restart your N3DS and do the method over (To when you disable the 3DS' wireless capabilities)
-If the bottom screen freezes, wait up to at least 20 seconds before you restart.

HOW TO USE THEMEHAX:
1. Turn your N3DS on.
2. Wait until the HOME Menu loads.
3. Press the Power Button so you get to the menu where you can Power Off the N3DS.
4. Press the HOME Menu button.
5. Right after you press the HOME Menu button, hold down the L button for 5-8 seconds and then let go.
6. It loads! If it doesn't work, turn your N3DS off and redo the steps.

The Download for the Offline-Themehax Installer.

Last edited by CeIIophane,

Seita

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear it worked for you. Just one thing to help you. If you ever need to boot browserhax, you can do it almost always by booting the browser as fast as you can. If not just use the touch screen to disable your wifi,enable it again after 10 seconds or so and instantly booting browserhax.

Reactions: CeIIophane

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the browser checking the firmware? By phoning home to some nintendo server? if thats the case, then cant i just use a proxy to filter out that url? I could even use my own dns server to redirect the url requests to anywhere.

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a japanese new3ds on 9.9 and your method works everytime opening web browser as fast a si can when i boot the 3ds (with tubehax dns)
Also noticed that you are not obliged to do it when switching on the 3ds
After boot just enter settings and leave settings and opening web browser as fast as you can also works, that way you don't need to switch off and switch on to enter browserhax

Edit: perhaps it also work that way with o3ds?

Also found that if you press power button and then home button and open web browser fastly
It also works

Last edited by will67,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May the 4th be with you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: May the 4th be with you