Homebrew Browserhax is STILL WORKING

Lordbarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried this about 15 times all I get it 'Error code: 032-1006. Unable to open the page'.

Aha got it working. Ignored the silly QR code, saved the web link in favourites. Turned off N3DS, rebooted with wi-fi off. Turned wi-fi on went straight to browser and clicked link in favourites. It ran right away then. Installed Menuhax, ran safesysupdater and now on 9.2 :D Nice one - thanks! Downgrade worked first time.

Last edited by Lordbarker,

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good gawd, i was facing the same update nag/browser can't be used problem and i almost gave up on it (i was trying it for like two hours @ 9.9 N3DS).

I initially thought the TubeHax DNS method made it impossible for the browser to load a page because it didn't seem it was loading anything at all, but after a bazillion attempts (and a fair amount of swearing) it finally glitched into the homebrew channel!

I've already managed to update to 10.3 using sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priority.zip (after getting a few Title Exceptions and some black screens > just reboot) and now its time to downgrade to 9.2 (fingers crossed!) :-)

EDIT: Downgraded! Though, Downgrade Check v2.0 states it expects two different title versions for

GPIO system-module
0004013000001b02 (Expected: 02048 / Installed: 03073)

DSP system-module
0004013000001a02 (Expected: 05120 / Installed: 06145)

(nvm, it doesn't appear to be dangerous > https://gbatemp.net/threads/mismatc...ade-but-cfw-works-should-i-be-worried.414532/ )

So there you have it boys and girls,
NEVER GIVE UP!

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

astroreptar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posting to help any newcomers, I just bought a N3DSXL with 9.9.0.26u and had to both change my DNS and input the URL directly into the browser (with wifi OFF) in order to get the hax to start without the nag. Here are my steps:

1. Change DNS to
  2. Turn off wifi
  3. Set browser to http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php (it wont load since wifi is off)
  4. Power cycle 3DS
  5. Turn wifi on
  6. QUICKLY, enter browser and reload the URL we set in step 3.

Good Luck!

footsoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow finally got it...

if anyone wants to try my steps..

I went off my wifi and tethered my phones lte and used that as wifi connection on 3ds.

set dns to 107.211.140.165 as primary DNS - 107.211.140.065 as secondary DNS

reboot, open browser (page set to http://yls8.mtheall.com/browserhax_fright.php), tap 3 lines, tap refresh

I've done it multiple times now. but i doubt this works for anyone else as i tried every method in this thread with no success :)
This method worked for me. I tried tethering to my iPhone but that didn't work. Just used my regular wifi with those DNS settings and left browser open to that exact link. Has worked for me multiple times now.

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Somehow the TubeHax DNS 107.211.140.065 for both primary and secondary gave me "the internet browser cannot be used at this time" message.
After i changed the primary DNS to 107.211.140.165 it gave me the error code 032-1006, but when i refreshed the page/url it suddenly worked.

Do these DNS addresses have a different function or something?

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

ZShock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone, it's time for my testimony. I got a brand new N3DS XL 9.9.

I got this to work once with Nintendo-blocking DNSs after I received the "please update" message in the console's browser. Once is the word, but sadly I didn't have my homebrew files on the SD, I was just fooling around. I tried hundreds of times but I couldn't reproduce it, even when I got home and tried with a better, faster connection.

The solution was tethering with my phone.

In this case, I had still my DNSs. So don't give up! It doesn't matter if you delete cookies, the only important thing is that you turn off your console and go to the browser as fast as possible.
There's something different between tethering and most routers that actually give you a little more time before the dreaded "check your environment" message.

Grokitach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does this still work on 11.0? having no luck at all so far using any of the dns's and the speed race.

Your best chance for primary entry point is Smash hax if you already have the game or freakyhax if you can afford a Freakyform Deluxe cartridge (30€).

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Your best chance for primary entry point is Smash hax if you already have the game or freakyhax if you can afford a Freakyform Deluxe cartridge (30€).
Thanks, i already had a powersaves and Oot but i wanted to try and take the easiest route, not sure why the internet browser was blocked though when i tried right after i setup the internet that seemed to have been blocked way too fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...