OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Broken-Sword-Shadow-of-the-Templars-Director-s-Cut-NDS-0.jpg

"Today that counter hit 6 million unique game downloads, and to celebrate this fact and to thank all of you at GOG.com, together with Revolution Software, we're lowering the price for first part of the acclaimed Broken Sword series to “free"! " via gog.com[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

Game GOG Page

Definitely worth the price of free.

This is only free until 7:59 EDT on October 1.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
chartube12 said:
Anyone know if gog.com is a scam site? I never heard of them.
They belong to CDProject, who own the studio that made the Witcher games.
They usually offer old games, patched to run on modern PC.
All games are DRM free and usually come with a lot of bonus content.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
Anyone know if gog.com is a scam site? I never heard of them.

This is Good Old Games, I believe, and they're supposed to be pretty reliable.

That's a nice deal, though the game's title is quite a mouthful.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you do sign up you get a number of games free including teen agent, beneath a steel sky, lure of the temptress and tyrian 2000

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOG is an incredible site. They have tons of older games and often have great deals on them. Better yet, they're all DRM free and are guaranteed to work on the OSes listed on the games' page. I really can't stress enough that you want to own games on GOG rather than any other service.

Also, as mentioned before, they're owned by the same guys who make The Witcher series. They've even said that the revenue stream from GOG lets them do things like make the 2.0 update to The Witcher 2, which is a massive update everyone gets for free.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good old games (GOG) is 100% legit, they make deals directly with the publishers. They got a (a bit limited) deal with EA a few months ago for some great old Bullfrog and Origin games. I bought many games from them as they are a great (and in many cases the only legal) source for old PC games, DRM free and made compatible with modern Windows systems. The DOS games use DOSBox i.e., with custom configs. Not all games there are totally bug free, but that can't be helped as they normally don't get access to the games' source.
They also have a nice forum community.
As mentioned above they have some free games, the newest one they added was Ultima IV. And you don't need to input any credit card or PayPal information for the free games as mentioned above. And I think they don't store the payment information, but I'm not sure about that as I only used PayPal there so far.
Oh and they don't email you stuff if you don't want to, although the standard settings are that they send mails for their weekend and other promotions.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sweeet, replaced my patched one with this, and grabbed Dragonsphere as well. Thx for the news!

This is the first and best of the series. Not the remake it deserved but still a cult title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o