Bring the Noise: MMSF3 Announced for NA!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Jan 18, 2009.

Jan 18, 2009
  1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    [​IMG]

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, they announced the next installment (and by far the greatest installment) in the Mega Man Star Force series, "Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace/Red Joker". There isn't a set release date, but it will make its debut on the Nintendo DS in August of this year. From the article:

News Source: The Mega Man Network

2. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Nice! I actually liked the other 2 games. I've heard this one outdoes the previous ones by a far amount, even getting pretty high praise from Famitsu! Played a few minutes of the Japan version and liked the enhancements it provided like the ability to transform into Megaman ANYWHERE without finding a wavehole. But I can't really enjoy a game unless its in my language. It's a good thing Capcom are pretty dedicated at getting our money, even if their translations could be better.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I enjoyed the other two games so I am looking forward to it. I only wish another ZX style game would be released.

4. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    That's true. This game really does outdo the first 2 games by a far amount. Not only is the gameplay greatly improved, the story is just fantastic. It's just too bad that its not doing so well in Japan because of some economic problems in Japan and the fact that probably the last 2 games gave everyone a bad taste.

5. ZeroEXE93

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I loved the MMBN series (first GBA purchase [​IMG]). I can't say that I love MMSF as much as MMBN but I'm still looking forward to this. =]

6. sa1amandra

Member sa1amandra Gazzaro Launching!

Canada
    due to low sales to the starforce series, it's said that this will be the last RnR/MMSF entry, but who knows, Capcom claimed another megaman in the making

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Mmm where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

I tried the first two and almost fell asleep playing them, so damn boring.

8. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    well, I think I got cured by that kinda games.. but for the sake of it and as it is the last of the series I'll play it anyways.

9. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hope they release the demo on the Wii soon. Really looking forward to this.

10. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Meh, I really don't like what's happened to the Megaman name...

11. 3020

Member 3020 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I really hope this does extremely bad and dies out so capcom can make some good megaman games again.

12. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    I really agree with Hadrian, the first few MMBN games were great, but then it all went downhill.
    I want stuff like the original MMBN, Megaman ZX or Megaman Maverick Hunters(on the PSP).

13. ShadowScythe

Newcomer ShadowScythe Newbie

Israel
    I, too, really hated the first 2 games in this series (especially the second one), but this time they've done it right, saying it after playing the game in japanese, and almost finishing it. You need to at least try this one to judge it. This one is good! [​IMG]

EDIT: And yes I've played most of the BN games, along with the platformers and such.
    (and yes I do believe capcom are trying to let the megaman series die slowly and quietly to not become another mario...Or (even, as it's not as bad) sonic)

EDIT 2: Wait...What?? This is my first post?? Oh right...Haven't been on the forums.

14. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    umm...... I hate to sound ignorant but; who?

15. Remco13

Newcomer Remco13 Member

Netherlands
    Megaman Starforce 3
    Has already been released months ago in japan.
    So it's old news of the game and it's obvious that it is going to be released in the US and Europe

16. RPG Hacker

Member RPG Hacker GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Be happy you don't life in Germany. I mean seriously: The German translations of Mega Man games are so f***ing bad! Especially in the MMBN and MMSF universe (no surprise as those games have the most text). But seriously: They took the American version, that already had a few stupid changes (I don't think the English translation itself is bad, only the name changes and what not) and translated that one to make it even worse. By just looking at the games' dialouges you see, that the translators haven't played a single MegaMan game in their whole life. I mean I'm not even joking. It's really THAT horrible! I even set my DS' system language to English, just so I can play Double Team in English.

17. Rawrl

Newcomer Rawrl Member

United States
    FFFFFFFFFFFFF

We don't need Megaman Battle Network 9001. Give us Megaman Legends 3 already!

18. ZeroEXE93

Member ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Fix'd

MM Legends was awesome, and the first 3 or so MMBN series were also pretty good. Then BN4 and MMSF came.

19. Rawrl

Newcomer Rawrl Member

United States
    Same shit, different angle. First three were alright. They would've been better as standalone games. Shit ain't Megaman, yo.

20. Haz N.

Newcomer Haz N. Member

United States
    Dammit, where's the smite button...

I liked the first 2 MMSF games, but I can understand why people wouldn't like 'em. However, I'll just say this: hate it or love it, you'll enjoy this game if you try it.

Seriously, I also played the Japanese version of this (Black Ace), and hell, it made so many improvements that it made every other network timeline Mega Man game obsolete, imo.