Bring the Noise: MMSF3 Announced for NA!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rock Raiyu
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,788
  • Replies Replies 22

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
5,066
Reaction score
40
Trophies
1
Age
34
Location
Walking the path of heaven
XP
2,479
Country
United States
ryuusei3.jpg

In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, they announced the next installment (and by far the greatest installment) in the Mega Man Star Force series, "Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace/Red Joker". There isn't a set release date, but it will make its debut on the Nintendo DS in August of this year. From the article:

QUOTE said:
Mega Man Brings the Noise

Mega Man is back with new forms, new perils, and a more mature look in Mega Man Star Force 3 for DS.

There’s no rest for young Geo Stelar and his alien companion Omega-Xis. The pair - who join forces to form Mega Man in his most recent incarnation - have already defeated the forces of evil on two occasions, but they’ll be facing their biggest challenges yet this August with the North American release of Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace and Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker.

Following the same action-oriented RPG formula of the previous games in the series, Mega Man Star Force 3 lets you explore the real world as Geo and the electromagnetic-wave world as Mega Man, gathering info, conversing with NPCs, and solving puzzles as you go. You’ll also get into random battles that play out in real time on a three-by-five grid, in which you’ll use randomly chosen battle cards from your deck to blast foes with a variety of weapons.

This time, however, the stakes are higher, and - as per the Mega Man norm - there are new twist on the familiar premise. A meteor (dubbed Meteor G) is hurtling toward Earth, and in addition to the threat of collision, Mega Man must deal with the “noise” that’s being caused by recent technological advancements. However, the effects of noise aren’t all bad; you can actually harness its power to cause random beneficial transformations to Mega Man. There are more than 100 Mega Man forms in all, including the two ultimate forms: the Black Ace and Red Joker, each of which is exclusive to the corresponding version of the game. Each game has other exclusive transformations as well.

In addition to the Noise Change system, Star Force 3 features several new story and gameplay elements, such as interactive avatars called Wizards and the ability to stack and scatter battle cards in combat (which adds an extra layer of strategy). You can also expect a slightly more mature story and a similarly aged-up visual presentation that’s influenced by traditional Japanese mech designs. Mega Man Star Force fans should look forward to the series’ deepest, most promising installment yet.

-Chris H.

News Source: The Mega Man Network
 
Nice! I actually liked the other 2 games. I've heard this one outdoes the previous ones by a far amount, even getting pretty high praise from Famitsu! Played a few minutes of the Japan version and liked the enhancements it provided like the ability to transform into Megaman ANYWHERE without finding a wavehole. But I can't really enjoy a game unless its in my language. It's a good thing Capcom are pretty dedicated at getting our money, even if their translations could be better.
 
granville said:
Nice! I actually liked the other 2 games. I've heard this one outdoes the previous ones by a far amount, even getting pretty high praise from Famitsu! Played a few minutes of the Japan version and liked the enhancements it provided like the ability to transform into Megaman ANYWHERE without finding a wavehole. But I can't really enjoy a game unless its in my language. It's a good thing Capcom are pretty dedicated at getting our money, even if their translations could be better.
That's true. This game really does outdo the first 2 games by a far amount. Not only is the gameplay greatly improved, the story is just fantastic. It's just too bad that its not doing so well in Japan because of some economic problems in Japan and the fact that probably the last 2 games gave everyone a bad taste.
 
due to low sales to the starforce series, it's said that this will be the last RnR/MMSF entry, but who knows, Capcom claimed another megaman in the making
 
Mmm where did I put that rat's ass I could give?

I tried the first two and almost fell asleep playing them, so damn boring.
 
well, I think I got cured by that kinda games.. but for the sake of it and as it is the last of the series I'll play it anyways.
 
I really agree with Hadrian, the first few MMBN games were great, but then it all went downhill.
I want stuff like the original MMBN, Megaman ZX or Megaman Maverick Hunters(on the PSP).
 
I, too, really hated the first 2 games in this series (especially the second one), but this time they've done it right, saying it after playing the game in japanese, and almost finishing it. You need to at least try this one to judge it. This one is good!
yaynds.gif


EDIT: And yes I've played most of the BN games, along with the platformers and such.
(and yes I do believe capcom are trying to let the megaman series die slowly and quietly to not become another mario...Or (even, as it's not as bad) sonic)

EDIT 2: Wait...What?? This is my first post?? Oh right...Haven't been on the forums.
 
Megaman Starforce 3
Has already been released months ago in japan.
So it's old news of the game and it's obvious that it is going to be released in the US and Europe
 
granville said:
Nice! I actually liked the other 2 games. I've heard this one outdoes the previous ones by a far amount, even getting pretty high praise from Famitsu! Played a few minutes of the Japan version and liked the enhancements it provided like the ability to transform into Megaman ANYWHERE without finding a wavehole. But I can't really enjoy a game unless its in my language. It's a good thing Capcom are pretty dedicated at getting our money, even if their translations could be better.

Be happy you don't life in Germany. I mean seriously: The German translations of Mega Man games are so f***ing bad! Especially in the MMBN and MMSF universe (no surprise as those games have the most text). But seriously: They took the American version, that already had a few stupid changes (I don't think the English translation itself is bad, only the name changes and what not) and translated that one to make it even worse. By just looking at the games' dialouges you see, that the translators haven't played a single MegaMan game in their whole life. I mean I'm not even joking. It's really THAT horrible! I even set my DS' system language to English, just so I can play Double Team in English.
 
ZeroEXE93 said:
Rawrl said:
FFFFFFFFFFFFF

We don't need Megaman Star Force 9001. Give us Megaman Legends 3 already!
Fix'd

MM Legends was awesome, and the first 3 or so MMBN series were also pretty good. Then BN4 and MMSF came.

Same shit, different angle. First three were alright. They would've been better as standalone games. Shit ain't Megaman, yo.
 
Dammit, where's the smite button...

I liked the first 2 MMSF games, but I can understand why people wouldn't like 'em. However, I'll just say this: hate it or love it, you'll enjoy this game if you try it.

Seriously, I also played the Japanese version of this (Black Ace), and hell, it made so many improvements that it made every other network timeline Mega Man game obsolete, imo.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted