whoizdib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I was wondering if I try and upgrade my custom firmware from 3.2u to 4.0u and god forbid my lights go off, can I fix my wii with a preloader? I really hate updating, since I'm afraid of the electricity going off. If it does, can I bring it back to life?

Thanks.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your question about Preloader vs. Bootmii - Bootmii is better as long as it can be installed as boot2. It makes the wii virtually brick-proof. If it can only install as an IOS on your wii, it's useless as anti-brick.

As per Arm the Homeless - Bootmii doesn't overwrite preloader. They install in different places on the wii.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
techboy said:
Your question about Preloader vs. Bootmii - Bootmii is better as long as it can be installed as boot2. It makes the wii virtually brick-proof. If it can only install as an IOS on your wii, it's useless as anti-brick.

As per Arm the Homeless - Bootmii doesn't overwrite preloader. They install in different places on the wii.

Isn't it so that if you install Bootmii as IOS and preloader, you could in case of a brick load HBC through preloader, and then restore you NAND backup via the HBC menu ?? Not too sure, never tried it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, there's no point in installing Preloader while you're still on 3.2 since it will get deleted when you update. Wait until you're on 4.0 before installing it. But it sounds like your Wii is old enough that it could accept BootMii/boot2 so go with that.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
kLiNiKaL said:
we got custom firmware?? lol when
when you bought a psp
dark alex came to your house and installed it!!
dont u remember duh
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what a bout call of duty