Hacking Bricked Wii while installing Menu 4.0

Tikkanen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While updating my friends Wii from 3.4 to 4.0 using the Waninkoko online updater i got an error when it started installing the shopping channel update. The only option i had was to restart the system. After the restart all i get is a black screen. I've updated quite a few wii's using the same file (i keep a SD Card with all the softmod files on it) without a problem, but this time something didn't go right. I've done some searching on the forums here and tried the Gamecube "Save MII FRII" option but that didn't work. Unfortunately i did not have BootMii installed as boot2 so i cannot recover from a backup. One thing i will say is that when i first turned the system on i noticed that the WiiConnect24 was enabled and a wireless network was already configured, i turned that off and added the settings for my wireless so i could update the system. The system menu when i first turned it on was at 3.4, but is it possible that because of the WiiConnect24 being turned on, that it updated the Boot2 with the update that Ninty released without my friend knowing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if a mod chip will help i will fork out the $ to get that put in. I was doing this as a favor and now his system is useless.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tikkanen said:
While updating my friends Wii from 3.4 to 4.0 using the Waninkoko online updater i got an error when it started installing the shopping channel update. The only option i had was to restart the system. After the restart all i get is a black screen. I've updated quite a few wii's using the same file (i keep a SD Card with all the softmod files on it) without a problem, but this time something didn't go right. I've done some searching on the forums here and tried the Gamecube "Save MII FRII" option but that didn't work. Unfortunately i did not have BootMii installed as boot2 so i cannot recover from a backup. One thing i will say is that when i first turned the system on i noticed that the WiiConnect24 was enabled and a wireless network was already configured, i turned that off and added the settings for my wireless so i could update the system. The system menu when i first turned it on was at 3.4, but is it possible that because of the WiiConnect24 being turned on, that it updated the Boot2 with the update that Ninty released without my friend knowing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if a mod chip will help i will fork out the $ to get that put in. I was doing this as a favor and now his system is useless.
nintendo never secretly updates people.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What worries me is you might have used the Old IOS60/61 Wii Shop Application to patch IOS60. That App is listed in older guides.

The code in the app downloads the latest version of IOS60 (Latest Version is a STUB for SM 4.2)

I hope this is not the case.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tikkanen said:

there is no such thing as updating secretly. the system update always asks confirmation to the user before proceeding an update.

Tikkanen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Lothlorian, so if i undertand you correctly. Since i did the online update, it downloaded the shopping channel for SM 4.2 and that's why it failed during the update? Doing the offline update probably should have been the way to go. Is there anyway of fixing this? or am i going to have to purchase my friend a new Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...