Hacking Bricked wii help

paddy.melon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, got a bricked wii. I've made a post here on all the stuff: http://tinyurl.com/wiibrick -->here

Basically, here's what it's come down to: I have a drivekey. Am I able to use the autoboot function of the drivekey along with savemiifrii to unbrick my wii? What disc should I use? I got no cIOS installed because, I changed all my IOSes before the brick. Anyway, all the info is in the above link. Post any ideas to the link, or here. Otherwise, for the next hour or so, I'll be on Freenode as paddy_melon (in cios and gamingextreme... btw, know any good console modding channels that could help). Thanks for any contributions. Really appreciate it.

Oh and, contacted bushing but, he is yet to get back to me.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if you were updating from the conduit, then it would be 3.4 update.

if you were ever on 4.0/4.1/4.2 and downgraded to 3.2, then updated to 3.4 you will brick due to the stub ios50 that was already on your system.

you said you stupidly installed bootmii but never took a nand backup. kick yourself now.

not all is lost though. you should be able to use cboot2, then load up wad manager and install a working ios50.

[edit]

ok, i re-read your link... you had bootmii... but it reads like you no longer do...? why the hell would you uninstall it?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
beegee7730 said:
...Maybe he only installed Bootmii-IOS?

I only have the config file and, the armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf)

why would he have those files if he only installed as ios?

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
fair enough, i wasnt aware bootmii as ios worked that way, i thought you just opened it from the homebrew channel, no other files needed. cheers for that.

paddy.melon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The detailed information was in the link. I don't have a GC controller... would it be worth trying one?

I don't have bootmii. I didn't uninstall it. What happened was, had it and then, I downgraded to 3.2 and, it disappeared... and never had time to put it back in. yes, I'm now kicking myself. Since I downgraded... I've probably got the brick due to a sub IOS50... how can I fix it?

Anyway, just one question... I think it will work. If I have an autoboot drivekey (I have a drivekey but... with the autoboot feature off so, I'll put it in my friend's wii and change the setting) and then use savemiifrii... will it work. now I know the cause of the brick... Is it possible to do this???

Please read the link. Thank you for your replies

Found this link: Here Does this mean that it is impossible... even with autoboot drivekey?

So... following that on... is there any way to install bootmii now that I'm bricked? Is it possible with a NAND dump of another wii and, taking parts of it that are the generic bootmii boot2 and, flashing that into my NAND?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
paddy.melon said:
The detailed information was in the link. I don't have a GC controller... would it be worth trying one?

I don't have bootmii. I didn't uninstall it. What happened was, had it and then, I downgraded to 3.2 and, it disappeared... and never had time to put it back in. yes, I'm now kicking myself. Since I downgraded... I've probably got the brick due to a sub IOS50... how can I fix it?

Anyway, just one question... I think it will work. If I have an autoboot drivekey (I have a drivekey but... with the autoboot feature off so, I'll put it in my friend's wii and change the setting) and then use savemiifrii... will it work. now I know the cause of the brick... Is it possible to do this???

Please read the link. Thank you for your replies

Found this link: Here Does this mean that it is impossible... even with autoboot drivekey?

So... following that on... is there any way to install bootmii now that I'm bricked? Is it possible with a NAND dump of another wii and, taking parts of it that are the generic bootmii boot2 and, flashing that into my NAND?

Nope, it won't work, because the Recovery Menu is a piece of code that belongs to the original System Menu an executes itself under the same IOS the sysmenu does, which in this case is a stub, and you can't run any code from a stubbed IOS. Too bad... If you don't have installed BootMii as Boot2, you're f*cked up, unless you use an Infectus chip to reprogram the NAND contents and do the thing you mentioned, and it will only work if your Boot1 version is an old one.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
if you got your wii a year ago, unless it was old stock or second hand, chances are its boot2v4 and would have a fixed boot1, hence wouldnt let you install bootmii to boot2.

anyway, you confirmed you downgraded to 3.2 (i assume from 4.x) and hence you now have a stub ios50. bricked beyond recovery.

even with an infectus you wont be able to get bootmii installed to boot2, as boot1 wont accept it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    For DS games.
    Also, 3DS games through NTR streaming on Wii U.
    It's very cool.
    Even playable.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you can have main game on big screen and touch lay out on wiiu tablet I can see that