Hacking Bricked Switch with 1.0.0 update installed by mistake

daVid0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried all versions so far, also 9.2 and 10.0.4 - none of them boot. The best progress I can get is NAND restore of the 1.0.0-7, then emmcHaccGen and tegraexplorer to 1.0.0 official, then I am getting until the switch-logo before it blackscreens in stock via hekate. When starting atmosphere, it gets to atmosphere logo, then switch logo and then AMS crashes giving panic screens. Trying out all older ams releases for now.

daVid0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, i finally resolved it.
I'll write exactly what I did, but there will be steps that are possibly unnecessary and/or unique to my case:

- restored from NAND backup of "1.0.0-7 pre-release"
- generated "1.0.0 official" offline firmware files via eMMChaccGen and prod.keys file from yuzu, found via google
- flashed the generated 1.0.0 files to my switch via tegraexplorer by injecting tegraexplorer.bin file and executing the systemrestore.te
- then I mounted emmc once again via memloader.bin to my windows system (running in parallels desktop on macOS, btw.) and opened the disk via HacDiskMount
- killed all the files from SAFE, SYSTEM and USER and replaced them with the files from offline 1.0.0 once again, also removed the PRF2SAFE.RCV files in all three partitions -> means I had to do a full "System Initialize" with killing all my data and savegames

After this, the switch finally booted via hekate 5.3.2 and AMS 0.13.0 and is now fully functional again.
I could re-upgrade to 9.2.0 once again with choidujourNX and everything is working, also gamecard-reader.
Thank you very much for all the help and hints you gave me!
But in the end, I had to find my very own way and it was worth investigating for four entire weeks..
Never give up!

Last edited by daVid0n,
Reactions: Alerappo

dj_d2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'll write exactly what I did, but there will be steps that are possibly unnecessary and/or unique to my case:

- generated "1.0.0 official" offline firmware file via eMMChaccGen and prod.keys file from yuzu, found via google
- flashed the generated 1.0.0 files to my switch via tegraexplorer by injecting tegraexplorer.bin file and executing the systemrestore.te
- then I mounted emmc once again via memloader.bin to my windows system and opened the disk via HacDiskMount
- killed all the files from SAFE, SYSTEM and USER and replaced them with the files from offline 1.0.0 once again, also removed the PRF2SAFE.RCV files in all three partitions

After this, the switch booted via hekate 5.3.2 and AMS 0.13.0 and is now fully functional again.
But in the end, I had to find my very own way and it was worth investigating for four entire weeks..
Never give up!

Congrats man!

Reactions: daVid0n

Alerappo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

- generated "1.0.0 official" offline firmware file via eMMChaccGen and prod.keys file from yuzu, found via google
- then I mounted emmc once again via memloader.bin to my windows system and opened the disk via HacDiskMount
- killed all the files from SAFE, SYSTEM and USER and replaced them with the files from offline 1.0.0 once again, also removed the PRF2SAFE.RCV files in all three partitions

After this, the switch booted via hekate 5.3.2 and AMS 0.13.0 and is now fully functional again.
Never give up!
Well done!!!

Reactions: daVid0n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo