Hacking Bricked Switch - not through hacking/downgrading

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys ,

I bought a nintendo switch as faulty (not charging)
when i plugged it in, it charged up perfectly fine, ran for a few hours, froze a few times in menu then started to show solid blue screen on boot, if you power cycled it (pulled battery) the odd time you would get a nintendo logo then dead afterwards.

after much diagnosing/testing its current state is console is totally dead, until you go into RCM mode, which everything now functions I have a backup of my keys, rawnand, boot0/1 etc
device was running 6.2 when it was initially working.

as for repairs, I have replaced m92t36 and p13usb IC from another working console, what i found in RCM mode was graphical errors on screen, hekate logo was showing with multiple colours, when trying to access emmc info it would fail and show errors, I reflowed both memory ic's and its now 100% stable in my eyes, everything in hekate works perfect, my only issue now is trying to get it to boot into OS

does anyone know what my next steps should be to get this back up and running ?

Reactions: charlieb

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an unsupported error with choidujour using 6.2 , from what i have read 6.2 is only compatible with the NX version of choidujour?

maybe I have the wrong files ?

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I get an unsupported error with choidujour using 6.2 , from what i have read 6.2 is only compatible with the NX version of choidujour?

maybe I have the wrong files ?
since you are a hw geekie, might check the internals carefully. I think that bsod is hw issue. but with choi try making a 6.1 one.
and check if u turned autorcm.

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardware has been checked over and over , it all seems grand, i have a working patched motherboard that i checked against many parts in diode mode

if fuses are burnt to 6.2, will 6.1 work ?

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys ,

I bought a nintendo switch as faulty (not charging)
when i plugged it in, it charged up perfectly fine, ran for a few hours, froze a few times in menu then started to show solid blue screen on boot, if you power cycled it (pulled battery) the odd time you would get a nintendo logo then dead afterwards.

after much diagnosing/testing its current state is console is totally dead, until you go into RCM mode, which everything now functions I have a backup of my keys, rawnand, boot0/1 etc
device was running 6.2 when it was initially working.

as for repairs, I have replaced m92t36 and p13usb IC from another working console, what i found in RCM mode was graphical errors on screen, hekate logo was showing with multiple colours, when trying to access emmc info it would fail and show errors, I reflowed both memory ic's and its now 100% stable in my eyes, everything in hekate works perfect, my only issue now is trying to get it to boot into OS

does anyone know what my next steps should be to get this back up and running ?
Check LCD connector for bent pins.
Also, confirm BQ24193 is working. Are your battery stats correct? Not jumping all over the place?

Ensure passives around BQ24193 are good
Ensure passives around PI3USB are good
Ensure ferrite filters underneath PI3USB have continuity through them

Check for a particular damaged component just to the left of LCD connector. It has a shiny "die" appearance. However, it is not a chip - it is a diode IIRC. People often chip them lifting LCD connector out.

Last edited by mattytrog,

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
filters and caps surrounding p13usb are all ok, lcd connector is fine

I can boot into Lakka no problem so I dont think its an lcd connector issue

battery is charging all voltages good and reading gas gauge no problem

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Check the 3v3 rail for any drop in voltage. Test it anywhere. Pin 6 of m92t36 or near the lower buck reg at the bottom as indicated on modchip diagrams.

Check passives of M92T36 too in particular the cap on pin 5. In fact, check for volt drops on pin 5.

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you any ideas as to what it could be hardware wise if it is ? I ran Lakka with no problems so thought that would rule it out

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update, have redone the ChoiDujour method with 5.1.0 and its now booting in CFW mode

now to ultrasonic clean board and rebuild it back up to start getting it fully functional i guess

pohaxsf

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
update, have redone the ChoiDujour method with 5.1.0 and its now booting in CFW mode

now to ultrasonic clean board and rebuild it back up to start getting it fully functional i guess
Why didnt u tell us the fuse count from hekate so this could be done quicker? Report us the count so we can tell you what fuse you need to boot ofw.

plexo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fuse count wouldn't matter in cfw which it wouldn't boot in, benchmarked it most of last night all seems stable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays