Hacking [Bricked] NEW 3DS XL (2.1FW) Update with Cartridge.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i got stuck at 2.1 with NEW 3ds only way out it's "hardmod"?
There no solution at all?

The guide i follow says there is no risk brick if i follow all the step. But i ended with a 2.1 broken Browser.
I alredy setup 2 New 3ds before. Dont know what's going wrong.

Just to be clear, there is no solution then hardmod if i'm in 2.1 with new 3ds?

I'll never do A9LH again!!

good luck with that, A9LH will be here for us people who know the risks and accept them, knowing that a hardmod or shipping it to a forum member may be needed should something go wrong.
BTW, MenuHAX sucks on some New 3DS consoles. Mine had a 5% bootrate and took HALF AN HOUR to boot ReiNAND. Not anymore with A9LH.

Last edited by driverdis,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why are you updating a New 3ds from 2.1 To 4.x??
4.x dont excist for n3ds so bricking it is normal
Because i follow the instruction!!

So if i got stuck at 2.1 can i update to 9.2 with cartrige?
Because while 2.1, the browser wont load and crash. So i cant have acess to arm11.bin and restore my NAND backup after OTP

Tutorial says to update to 4.X with cart!!

Reactions: Kyojin

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Because i follow the instruction!!

So if i got stuck at 2.1 can i update to 9.2 with cartrige?
Because while 2.1, the browser wont load and crash. So i cant have acess to arm11.bin and restore my NAND backup after OTP

Tutorial says to update to 4.X with cart!!
I think we need @Plailect to sort this out

Reactions: Redirr

weks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i happen to undergo the same process as you, downgraded to 2.1 and updating with cart to 4.X. It totally BRICKED my console. The only solution is to hardmod your 3DS, soldering and injecting your working NAND back then repeat the downgrading process to 2.1 ~

Regarding hardmod you can find someone in your location who is able to do so or sent it to guys here @gbatemp who can do the job.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
It's common sense; downgrading a system to a version that it isn't made for will brick. Just saying.
"IF YOU HAVE A NEW 3DS AND SOMEHOW GET YOURSELF TO 2.1 WITH NO NAND BACKUPS OR A BROKEN BROWSER, DO NOT UPDATE." Is also like the second sentence in the page, I just read it.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
But there also another instrutions saying to update.

I read and read. So i didt what instrutions says. Update with cart.
The instructions said NOT to update if you are on n3DS without a functional browser. It said to update with 4.x with a cart if you were on o3DS. I'm not trying to bash on you or anything, but the instruction was right there. I'm reading it word for word.

thewarhammer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, that sucks.

Claramente você leu errado as instruções, que diziam que você NÃO deve atualizar de forma alguma que não seja pela restauração de um backup de NAND cara. Você confundiu as instruções para o O3DS com o N3DS...

(And sorry about the portuguese, people. It was only so he could understand what I had to say)

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The instructions said NOT to update if you are on n3DS without a functional browser. It said to update with 4.x with a cart if you were on o3DS. I'm not trying to bash on you or anything, but the instruction was right there. I'm reading it word for word.
Thank you!!

But what was supose to do so?

Claramente você leu errado as instruções, que diziam que você NÃO deve atualizar de forma alguma que não seja pela restauração de um backup de NAND cara. Você confundiu as instruções para o O3DS com o N3DS...
Esta muito confuso as instruções. Fiz o que "achei" que entendi. E errei.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
But, it also says you will brick if you update past 6.x. This suggests that it is OK to update BELOW 6.x. And yet in the next sentence it says the only way to fix it is via a NAND backup. There is a contradiction here, and @Plailect should resolve it, before anybody else does the same thing.

"IF YOU UPDATE FROM A 2.1 NEW 3DS TO A VERSION ABOVE 6.X, YOU WILL BRICK."

Which contradicts with

"YOU MUST RESTORE FROM A NAND BACKUP."

Reactions: Kyojin

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Jayro

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
But, it also says you will brick if you update past 6.x. This suggests that it is OK to update BELOW 6.x. And yet in the next sentence it says the only way to fix it is via a NAND backup. There is a contradiction here, and @Plailect should resolve it, before anybody else does the same thing.

"IF YOU UPDATE FROM A 2.1 NEW 3DS TO A VERSION ABOVE 6.X, YOU WILL BRICK."

Which contradicts with

"YOU MUST RESTORE FROM A NAND BACKUP."
That doesn't mean you just ignore the first sentence.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That doesn't mean you just ignore the first sentence.

Oh, come on...

Now, let's analyze that page from top to bottom (key text will be bold). First, it says this:
IF YOU HAVE A NEW 3DS AND SOMEHOW GET YOURSELF TO 2.1 WITH NO NAND BACKUPS OR A BROKEN BROWSER, DO NOT UPDATE. IF YOU UPDATE FROM A 2.1 NEW 3DS TO A VERSION ABOVE 6.X, YOU WILL BRICK. FOR NOW, YOU MUST RESTORE FROM A NAND BACKUP OF SOME KIND.

Alright, so if we update to > 6.x (I guess >= 6.x), we will brick the N3DS. OP wants to upgrade to 4.x, which I think is not above 6.x.
But, the end of the sentence says that we have to restore from a NAND backup. OP has a NAND backup, let's continue.
If you downgraded to 2.1.0, on Old 3DS, 2DS, or New 3DS but for some reason you have a nonfunctional browser, this guide is for you.

See the bold parts. Let's continue.
If you downgraded to 2.1.0 on New 3DS but for some reason have no functional NAND backups (with or without a functional browser), we have a mostly working solution involving EmuNAND + NCSD / Crypto trickery. A writeup on how this is done can be found here.

OP has a functional NAND backup. Let's continue.
If you downgraded to 2.1.0 on New 3DS or 2DS and left Wireless Communication off (with or without a functional browser), you can reset the wireless to be on by removing the battery for several seconds then booting back up.

OP mentioned he had it on.

Aaaaand... that's it. After that, you can find the instructions and it never says that it's not meant for a N3DS.

Stop bashing the OP and admit that all he did was that he followed the instruction. The guide was written by a human being, it's NOT perfect.

Reactions: weks and Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4