Hacking Brick help! Priiloader is installed, ios 60 stub caused brick

duffmmann

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
3,967
Trophies
0
XP
2,282
Country
United States
So I downloaded the newest ios 60 stub on dopmii and now I can't start my wii up, i know if I can just get to the repair menu and use anytitle deleter I can fix this, but it doesn't seem to load for some reason when I start up the wii and hold reset. Any advice???
 

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
7,284
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
???
XP
11,225
Country
Germany
If you don't have bootmii, your wii is fullbricked... If you have a bootmii nand backup, someone else would be able to restore this. If not, your wii is dead.
 

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
13,070
Trophies
3
Age
37
Location
Cyprus, originally from Toronto
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
8,042
Country
Cyprus
do u have bootmii @ boot2?
do u have a nand backup?

FYI, even if u were able to access priiloader (which u can't cuz u don't have a system menu IOS), using any title deleter would not be able to fix u. If u can launch any app, u want to launch a wad manager and install a non-stubbed IOS60

If u cannot access bootmii @ boot2 or priiloader, I don't think u can fix this on your own.

If u have a nand backup, u can email [email protected] and he will be able to fix your Wii for sure using an infectus modchip. He does great work!
 

duffmmann

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
3,967
Trophies
0
XP
2,282
Country
United States
XFlak said:
do u have bootmii @ boot2?
do u have a nand backup?

FYI, even if u were able to access priiloader (which u can't cuz u don't have a system menu IOS), using any title deleter would not be able to fix u. If u can launch any app, u want to launch a wad manager and install a non-stubbed IOS60

If u cannot access bootmii @ boot2 or priiloader, I don't think u can fix this on your own.

If u have a nand backup, u can email [email protected] and he will be able to fix your Wii for sure using an infectus modchip. He does great work!


Damn, sounds like I can't get it to work, I tried many times to get boot2 to work, but it just wouldn't, so I just settled for IOS in that department.

I was thinking of getting a new wii with my paycheck next wednesday, but what you mention with deadlyfoez might work. Does he charge anything? Do I have to send my wii to him? How does that work?
 

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
13,070
Trophies
3
Age
37
Location
Cyprus, originally from Toronto
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
8,042
Country
Cyprus
Well, I don't know exactly how much he charges (I think the price varies on a case by case basis), generally it should be approximately $40 for his labour... but don't quote me, u should email him and ask him (in your email u should also link him to this thread so he can read up on your situation).

Yes, you would have to mail the Wii to him (just the unit, not any cables or anything). He lives in New Hampshire... hopefully that's not too far from you so you can keep shipping costs at a minimum.

As long as u have a nand backup, he will be able to fix your FOR SURE. And I'm sure it will cost less than buying a new Wii, even after factoring in shipping charges.

If you decide to buy a new wii instead, I'll buy your broken Wii and nand backup off you for $10, send it to DeadlyFoez myself to get it fixed, then sell it for a clean profit
biggrin.gif

lol
 

duffmmann

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
3,967
Trophies
0
XP
2,282
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Well, I don't know exactly how much he charges (I think the price varies on a case by case basis), generally it should be approximately $40 for his labour... but don't quote me, u should email him and ask him (in your email u should also link him to this thread so he can read up on your situation).

Yes, you would have to mail the Wii to him (just the unit, not any cables or anything). He lives in New Hampshire... hopefully that's not too far from you so you can keep shipping costs at a minimum.

As long as u have a nand backup, he will be able to fix your FOR SURE. And I'm sure it will cost less than buying a new Wii, even after factoring in shipping charges.

If you decide to buy a new wii instead, I'll buy your broken Wii and nand backup off you for $10, send it to DeadlyFoez myself to get it fixed, then sell it for a clean profit
biggrin.gif

lol

Well I don't have a nand backup of my wii, but can't he just install a backup of his own? Then I can just change things to how i want theme and channels wise? Or does it really rely on a backup nand from itself?
 

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
13,070
Trophies
3
Age
37
Location
Cyprus, originally from Toronto
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
8,042
Country
Cyprus
full brick... sorry there is nothing anyone can do for your Wii... its ridiculous how many people do not make nand backups! Do u mind if I ask what guide u followed, and if u skipped the nand backup step, or if the guide just didn't have a nand backup step?

FYI, all wii's can be fixed using the infectus method as long as u have a nand backup (unless hardware failure is the cause of the brick). If you don't have a nand backup, u can only use the infectus method to fix Wii's capable of installing bootmii @ boot2.

Seriously though, be more careful with your next Wii. Don't blindly (un)install things without knowing what you're doing. Just follow a GOOD guide, I recommend ModMii for ALL your Wii softmodding needs
biggrin.gif
 

duffmmann

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
3,967
Trophies
0
XP
2,282
Country
United States
Uh, well he says this: Things I need is your wii and an SD card so I can do a nand backup once I'm
done with the repair. Oh, but i should say, that my bar code confirms that boot2 can be installed, so that may be why he's able to save my wii without nand backup?


Doesn't sound like he needs a nand backup from my wii.

And dude, I've been careful modding my wii, it can do freaking everything, I've been modding it for 3 years, and I've had a hiccup or two before, but priiloader was always able to save me. This time I just fudged up, thats all.
 

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
13,070
Trophies
3
Age
37
Location
Cyprus, originally from Toronto
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
8,042
Country
Cyprus
Re. bootmii @ boot2, above u say the following...
QUOTE said:
Damn, sounds like I can't get it to work, I tried many times to get boot2 to work, but it just wouldn't, so I just settled for IOS in that department.
So I'm surprised your wii has a vulnerable boot1 (ie. that it can install bootmii @ boot2).

The fact that your wii can install bootmii @ boot2, and u didn't, and the fact that u don't have a nand backup, lead me to believe w/e guide u were following skips some steps. I'm not saying its your fault, but something doesn't add up right...

Anyways, I'm glad Foez is able to help!
 

duffmmann

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
3,967
Trophies
0
XP
2,282
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Re. bootmii @ boot2, above u say the following...
QUOTE said:
Damn, sounds like I can't get it to work, I tried many times to get boot2 to work, but it just wouldn't, so I just settled for IOS in that department.
So I'm surprised your wii has a vulnerable boot1 (ie. that it can install bootmii @ boot2).

The fact that your wii can install bootmii @ boot2, and u didn't, and the fact that u don't have a nand backup, lead me to believe w/e guide u were following skips some steps. I'm not saying its your fault, but something doesn't add up right...

Anyways, I'm glad Foez is able to help!

yeah, I knew at the time I could get boot2 to work, I just also knew some sort of step was missing, cuz I couldn't figure it out.

Yeah, I'm really glad he can help too, would hate to lose my beautiful wii.
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3N1 @ K3N1: I'd probably find a way to catch myself on fire at SeaWorld +1