• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BREXIT [Poll] vote!

Should the UK leave the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 129 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 215 62.5%

• Total voters

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A crash is to be expected in a time of uncertainty. The pound will rebound, the question is where it'll settle.

If only the people that voted in favor heeded John Oliver's warning and listened to the song at the end...
You know, I watched that a night or two ago, and I didn't really see much to really explain exactly why it was a bad idea. He spent more time dragging the supporters of the exit through the mud than he did explaining precisely why it's a bad idea.

Last edited by grossaffe,
D

Deleted User

OH no the pound is physically useless! Nooooo

Yeah it will rebound. This is a knee jerk reaction

Reactions: Chary

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Youknow, I watched that a night or two ago, and I didn't really see much to really explain exactly why it was a bad idea. He spent more time dragging the supporters of the exit through the mud than he did explaining precisely why it's a bad idea.
Welcome to the entire Remain campaign: "Look at how racist Leavers are! You don't want to be racist, do you?"

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
As a French and European I was hoping for more unity, I always thought we were going towards some sort of European nation, something like the United States of Europe. But it's safe to say all hope is now lost. The British people have spoken and they don't want to be a part of this. Is it a dumb decision, should we resent them? I don't believe so. I believe the people over there in the UK are angry and they think leaving the EU is going to solve their problems. I am certainly not in a position to tell whether they are correct. All I can say is I sincerely hope they won't regret this decision.

Goodbye my British friends, we still love you though.
A european

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I watched that a night or two ago, and I didn't really see much to really explain exactly why it was a bad idea. He spent more time dragging the supporters of the exit through the mud than he did explaining precisely why it's a bad idea.
He gave plenty of reasons
  • Over-regulation is an exaggeration
  • It's more expensive to leave than to stay
  • Pound will destabilize because it isn't tied to the euro anymore
  • There's literally no backup plan
  • There's not even a good reason for leaving, aside from wanting to secure the borders, and they won't even be able to do that without leaving the EU trade agreement (which would be committing financial and economic suicide)

Reactions: I pwned U!

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As a French and European I was hoping for more unity, I always thought we were going towards some sort of European nation, something like the United States of Europe. But it's safe to say all hope is now lost. The British people have spoken and they don't want to be a part of this. Is it a dumb decision, should we resent them? I don't believe so. I believe the people over there in the UK are angry and they think leaving the EU is going to solve their problems. I am certainly not in a position to tell whether they are correct. All I can say is I sincerely hope they won't regret this decision.

Goodbye my British friends, we still love you though.
A european
People like you are the exact reason why Brexit is a good idea.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, now watch all the left-tards start slinging labels like xenophobics, islamaphobics etc. to the people who voted in favour of withdrawal from the EU :rofl2:

The people have spoken, 2016, the year where progressivism collapses and common sense prevails :)
So tell me, then, why was the in/out referendum a good idea?

To be completely honest I didn't even know until now that it could even be perceived as xenophobic to want to leave, but meh. Also, you might want to get your obsession with hating the left political wing checked, it's getting kind of unhealthy

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry about the value of the pound yet. When a major change like this takes place things are extremely unstable. It'll all stabilize after a little while and its value will become similar to what it was before. Give it a little time and things will even out. Hopefully it doesn't take long

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So tell me, then, why was the in/out referendum a good idea?

To be completely honest I didn't even know until now that it could even be perceived as xenophobic to want to leave, but meh. Also, you might want to get your obsession with hating the left political wing checked, it's getting kind of unhealthy
I believe one of the motivations for leaving was that the EU's policy was sending more refugees to the UK than many people wanted. This is pretty often used to throw accusations of racism at people so I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's whats happening

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter