• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

BREXIT [Poll] vote!

Should the UK leave the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 129 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 215 62.5%

• Total voters

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol this actually shows the ignorance of many Americans very well ... sadly ...

At least there are some Americans here who actually (no sarcasm) know better about the EU and the importance of the Brexit than lot of Europeans

Pretty much this + you can already feel / see it in the exchange market ...
The GBP and € both fall down alot but for the GBP its much worse than for the € ... i think even the US$ is affected ... same with the JPY and whatever there is ...

This could hurt some places export / import companies very much.
It's not that I am ignorant it's that I do not give two flying fucks about politics lmao.

Anyways thank you (and the post above) for informing me :D now I don't have to feel stupid when people bring this up.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't I hear Texas wanted to leave the US soon?

Understandable, looking at the current presidential candidates, lol

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The UK voted to to leave the EU, which will probably happen in around two years time.

After that Scotland will most likely have another referendum to leave the UK, likely succeeding this time as the majority also want to remain in the EU.

This will probably cause Northern Ireland to do the same, as the majority want to remain in the EU.

The end result been the people all countries involved will likely be worse off.

Fun times.
Why nobody talks about Wales? (I know Wales isn't really aknowledged as country but more as region with limited self-government)
Pitty Wales has nothing to say when it comes to international stuff (only limited when it comes to internal affairs)

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why nobody talks about Wales? (I know Wales isn't really aknowledged as country but more as region with limited self-government)
Pitty Wales has nothing to say when it comes to international stuff (only limited when it comes to internal affairs)

Because Wales voted Leave

Reactions: DjoeN

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country

The majority in Wales voted to leave the EU, the same as England, so would have no reason to want to leave the UK.

Reactions: Xiphiidae and DjoeN

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's time to close this thread. Nazis are starting to spread proven misinformation and agitation. No actual, credible sources: obvious racist websites.

The mods of GBAtemp should be ashamed not to ban those racists and shutting this clusterfuck down. Shame on you!

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's time to close this thread. Nazis are starting to spread proven misinformation and agitation. No actual, credible sources: obvious racist websites.

The mods of GBAtemp should be ashamed not to ban those racists and shutting this clusterfuck down. Shame on you!
The website is racist but the news gathered about the women raped are racist? No. You're just trying to have things your way because you can't admit things need to change.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I didn't say there haven't been any rapes by foreigners, but the facts are skewed and many of these cases have been proven to be wrong or misrepresented. And crime statistics prove that a lot more native citizens are committing crimes than immigrants (obviously, as they are the majority).

I hope the mods will shut this down soon, or I will report this to the authorities. I know the owner of this forum lives in the UK and this clearly violates UK/EU law.
And you're again trying to block others from expressing how they feel about the continent they so much love. I get that you don't care about Europe and it could go to the toilet and you'd be find with it, but others love it.

Taking back control is a necessity that European countries need since EU has been doing a disaster of a job. Especially Merkel who should've resigned since she's only done more harm than good.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And you're again trying to block others from expressing how they feel about the continent they so much love. I get that you don't care about Europe and it could go to the toilet and you'd be find with it, but others love it.

Taking back control is a necessity that European countries need since EU has been doing a disaster of a job. Especially Merkel who should've resigned since she's only done more harm than good.

I love Europe and this is why we can't let racists like you win. And spreading false information and agitating people is not covered by freedom of speech in the EU.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say there haven't been any rapes by foreigners, but the facts are skewed and many of these cases have been proven to be wrong or misrepresented. And crime statistics prove that a lot more native citizens are committing crimes than immigrants (obviously, as they are the majority).

I hope the mods will shut this down soon, or I will report this to the authorities. I know the owner of this forum lives in the UK and this clearly violates UK/EU law.
This is ridiculous. You don't have to agree with him but hes done nothing out of hand. Hes allowed to post what he wants and he hasn't been racist like you claim. Just because you don't like what he has to say doesn't mean you can silence him.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is ridiculous. You don't have to agree with him but hes done nothing out of hand. Hes allowed to post what he wants and he hasn't been racist like you claim. Just because you don't like what he has to say doesn't mean you can silence him.

The website he's linked to is in clear violation to EU law, we have different laws than the US.

And how is linking to "White Power" forums littered with misinformation not racist? He's even admitted this.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I love Europe and this is why we can't let racists like you win. And spreading false information and agitating people is not covered by freedom of speech in the EU.
Just leave the thread if it offends you so badly. My god.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The website he's linked to is in clear violation to EU law, we have different laws than the US.

And how is linking to "White Power" forums littered with misinformation not racist? He's even admitted this.
He linked to 1 forum post that includes information only. It doesn't have any opinions in it

S

Saiyan Lusitano

The link I provided does have sources for the women who're raped as well as the videos. Stop trying to use the race card, that's just utter B.S. since you can see on the videos that the men, the so-called 'refugees' (there are actual honest refugees out there but most of them are adult men with terrible intentions) taking a woman and raping her.

You say that's not evidence?

Exactly. He's just like that other guy on here who called me and others "racist".

D

Deleted-355425

This is what every person on the 'UK shouldn't leave and be their own country again' says now to the people who voted to leave like my self, apparently we are all racist bigots. They are just sour because they lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +1
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: omg same, it's VERY hot here, too