Breath of the Wild can now be played in first-person mode thanks to a new modpack

Nintendo Switch users are having fun with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's new Labo VR update, but PC players are getting a slightly similar experience thanks to a new mod. Those that have the Nintendo Wii U emulator, CEMU, can now experience Breath of the Wild through a combination of a first-person perspective, VR, and 60fps. This new mod in particular, simply named "First Person View" allows for players on Switch and Wii U (and by extension, CEMU) to play the game in this new format. Of course, it's not without flaws; cutscenes can be a bit glitchy, and the Camera Rune/Slate View can't zoom in, but otherwise, you can fully complete Breath of the Wild in first-person view. Climbing and enemy targeting will also force the camera back into third person mode, but this was done with intent, so the player has a better view in both scenarios. If you want to try it out, the link to v1.0 of the mod is below, and if you're curious to see it in action, check out the gameplay video above!

Ever wanted to play Breath of the Wild in First Person? Well, it's now time for that to happen!

IMPORTANT
- Taking breaks when playing in VR mode can reduce the chances of feeling sick. We are not responsible for any health issues that might occur during gameplay -
This version of the First Person View mod includes 3 different versions that you can choose depending on your likings.

• DefaultFOV is the regular and recommended FOV for both VR and PC users.
  • WiderFOV allows to see more around you. It feels really good in VR but it tends to make objects in the distance more pixellated than the other options.
  • NarrowerFOV allows to see less around you. It allows the game to be less pixelated in VR, but can sometimes feel weird. It works best for PC users.

Known bugs:
  • The Camera Rune App and the Slate View won't zoom for some reason.
  • You will be inside Link's face during some cutscenes. It's creepy!

:arrow: Source

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

And thanks to this mod someone is already made Breath of the Wild playable in VR with the help of Cemuhook for the head tracking and Reshade to seperate the veiws!
I'm actually impressed on how fast the modding community is

Now this is what I have expected when I read that "Nintendo is bringing a VR update to BotW".

CatNoire

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love what the modding Community is coming up with.

The first person mode works well on the switch and if I ever get a good pc and a VR hmd I'm going to visit hyrule in VR.

Besides this also the texture mods (Linkle) and other mods showing that even good games can be even greater with mod support. Wish nindy would add this naturally.

AceX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was going to sell my Oculus Rift, touch controllers and sensors earlier today, something in the back of my mind told me not to hit "list it".

Buttermilk

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello everyone, is there any way to use the first person mod on the Nintendo Switch with the ability to switch between the first and third person views by pressing a button (like in Skyrim)?
F.e. during combats or while using the paraglider to check the stamina wheel or just to complete several quests in third person view while doing others in first person view?

(see 1m52s: the automatic zoom out does not work on the Nintendo Switch)

Here is what I've already done (FW 9.2.0/Kosmos):
I put the DefaultFOV mod from gamebanana into:
atmosphere/contents/01007EF00011E000/romfs/Actor/Pack/GameRomCamera.sbactorpack

The problem is that I am in first person all the time now without the ability to switch back to the default view.
Is there any work around for this? F.e. by combing two different mods? Or is it simply not possible yet?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Buttermilk,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that making a game first person makes it more immersive HOWEVER, this is still super super cool. Anything to expand on the incredible Zelda formula.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...