Breath of the Wild can now be played in first-person mode thanks to a new modpack

Nintendo Switch users are having fun with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's new Labo VR update, but PC players are getting a slightly similar experience thanks to a new mod. Those that have the Nintendo Wii U emulator, CEMU, can now experience Breath of the Wild through a combination of a first-person perspective, VR, and 60fps. This new mod in particular, simply named "First Person View" allows for players on Switch and Wii U (and by extension, CEMU) to play the game in this new format. Of course, it's not without flaws; cutscenes can be a bit glitchy, and the Camera Rune/Slate View can't zoom in, but otherwise, you can fully complete Breath of the Wild in first-person view. Climbing and enemy targeting will also force the camera back into third person mode, but this was done with intent, so the player has a better view in both scenarios. If you want to try it out, the link to v1.0 of the mod is below, and if you're curious to see it in action, check out the gameplay video above!

Ever wanted to play Breath of the Wild in First Person? Well, it's now time for that to happen!

IMPORTANT
- Taking breaks when playing in VR mode can reduce the chances of feeling sick. We are not responsible for any health issues that might occur during gameplay -
This version of the First Person View mod includes 3 different versions that you can choose depending on your likings.

• DefaultFOV is the regular and recommended FOV for both VR and PC users.
  • WiderFOV allows to see more around you. It feels really good in VR but it tends to make objects in the distance more pixellated than the other options.
  • NarrowerFOV allows to see less around you. It allows the game to be less pixelated in VR, but can sometimes feel weird. It works best for PC users.

Known bugs:
  • The Camera Rune App and the Slate View won't zoom for some reason.
  • You will be inside Link's face during some cutscenes. It's creepy!

:arrow: Source

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I d/loaded the file but it's definitely not in the path it's supposed to be for Switch, I imagine it should be something like atmosphere/titles.. with a different name as well but I have no idea where this file is supposed to go. Can anybody give me a hand with this?

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I d/loaded the file but it's definitely not in the path it's supposed to be for Switch, I imagine it should be something like atmosphere/titles.. with a different name as well but I have no idea where this file is supposed to go. Can anybody give me a hand with this?
Code:
titles\01007ef00011e000\romfs\Actor\Pack\
There put file GameRomCamera.sbactorpack

Heichart

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing you see in this Video, how it is and how it looks, cannot be achieved with Zelda VR Labo.
There is also no first person view in Zelda VR Labo...
yikes.

The thing you see in this video is how this mod looks on PC. This mod works on Switch, WiiU and PC.

Reactions: AamitMorthos

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The thing you see in this video is how this mod looks on PC. This mod works on Switch, WiiU and PC.
Yes, the mod works on PC as a Cemu mod, Wii U as well. The switch version also has its own first person mod. Basically, every version of botw has a first person mod, but Chary is talking about VR because you can use the first person mod with Labo-VR.
That should clear up confusion (:

Heichart

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, the mod works on PC as a Cemu mod, Wii U as well. The switch version also has its own first person mod. Basically, every version of botw has a first person mod, but Chary is talking about VR because you can use the first person mod with Labo-VR.
That should clear up confusion (:

There's no confusion. He said this mod is only for CEMU and nothing else, but it's not. That's it.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So from my understanding it can work along side VR aswell as non VR...? im not caving to buy vr until a dedicated full length game is ready.. not to fond of tech demos ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F