Gaming Bought Super Mario Galaxy 2. Need help

darkquestio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2U softmod Wii and I bought Mario galaxy 2. Since I already had 4.2U as my update I just put the disc in and let it's update run. I thought it wouldn't do anything since I was already at 4.2. Yet, when ever i try to use my usb loader it freezes on the starting screen. This also happens with anything in the Homebrew channel. It loads the programs, then the controller shuts off and refuse to work.Leaving me with the only option of shutting off the Wii.
I assume galaxy 2's update is at fault. Does anybody have any idea what I should do? Any help would be much appreciated.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why did you let the update run even though it was technically already installed? What you did now was technically uninstall the softmod and install the official firmware. You should be able to reverse this by softmodding it again though.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To get technical, those updates include "stub IOSes", which are used to overwrite IOS versions not supported by Nintendo with ones unable to run anything to prohibit their use in exploits. And homebrew IOSes definitely qualify, especially if their only purpose is running copies of their games without their permission.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol