Hacking Gaming Homebrew Homebrewed Wii USB Loader

HexSam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to get games without a USB loader? I recently bought a copy of Super Mario Galaxy, but the person who sold it to me sold me a copy that won't even read. I know my Wii is fully capable of reading games since it plays GameCube and Wii games just fine, like Rune Factory and the original Sims games. I was a little frustrated since it was kinda expensive and since it arrived (even if it arrived broken) Ebay refuses to do refunds. I just wanted to know if it's be possible to add that game to my Wii without needing to get a USB device, so I can play it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the loaders will have SD loading options. Even if you get a working SDHC (originally the wii only supported SD, aka up to 2 gigs, but SDHC was crowbarred in there) it can take up a fair bit of space but if this is more for one or two games than whole collection you can dodge the USB issue. The Wii does not always need large hard drives though and some random USB thumb drive you have sitting around or get from a cheaper source could well do the job, the hard drive and wires everywhere aspect mostly being older setups that wanted to rock basically the entire library.

How is the disc broken? I don't think Galaxy was a dual layer game but it is something to consider in these scenarios.

"kinda expensive"
*checks prices*
Suppose I had better go thank the charity shop that sold it to me for "get it out my shop" prices last year.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the disc is scratched (data side), you could take it to a dvd rental store & ask them to clean it, professionally. It may cost you a few bucks, & it could be a waste of time/money.

Also lift the disc to a light source to see if any light shows through any possible cracks or scratches that could be on the printed side.
If there are damage indications, dab a little darker nail-polish on the damaged areas.
Small & thin layer. Sometimes 2 or more layers are required. So go easy & don't over-dollop. Thin coats & let each coat dry fully 1st :)

If your Wii's DVD plays fine with other discs, that indicates the disc is at fault, & if you've been doing fine without any USB devices, then time to consider your options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto