Bought Super Mario Galaxy 2. Need help

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by darkquestio, May 30, 2010.

May 30, 2010
  1. darkquestio
    OP

Newcomer darkquestio Newbie

United States
    I have a 4.2U softmod Wii and I bought Mario galaxy 2. Since I already had 4.2U as my update I just put the disc in and let it's update run. I thought it wouldn't do anything since I was already at 4.2. Yet, when ever i try to use my usb loader it freezes on the starting screen. This also happens with anything in the Homebrew channel. It loads the programs, then the controller shuts off and refuse to work.Leaving me with the only option of shutting off the Wii.
    I assume galaxy 2's update is at fault. Does anybody have any idea what I should do? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Why did you let the update run even though it was technically already installed? What you did now was technically uninstall the softmod and install the official firmware. You should be able to reverse this by softmodding it again though.

3. spardasieg

Newcomer spardasieg Advanced Member

United States
    Its a sad day when you pay for a game and get screwed but download it and are fine...

4. darkquestio
    OP

Newcomer darkquestio Newbie

United States
    I see. Thank you very much for the help

5. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    To get technical, those updates include "stub IOSes", which are used to overwrite IOS versions not supported by Nintendo with ones unable to run anything to prohibit their use in exploits. And homebrew IOSes definitely qualify, especially if their only purpose is running copies of their games without their permission.

6. guitarloser85

Member guitarloser85 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just rehack your wii, but this time install priiloader and enable the "disable disc updates" hack.