I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M4KIME

Bought that one. Well I plugged it in and stuff and everything worked, I changed the settings in the Wii System Menu to 480p. But I have some problems first is when I turn on the Wii on the Health screen were you have to press A, I press A and it sort of hangs for 1 second like it dims away, which has never happened on the composite cables. Another thing is that I see absolutely no difference in the quality or anything from the composite and the component. If anything the component has more jagged edges and lines look bad, like the characters are pixelated(on Super Mario Galaxy 2).

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:

Bought that one. Well I plugged it in and stuff and everything worked, I changed the settings in the Wii System Menu to 480p. But I have some problems first is when I turn on the Wii on the Health screen were you have to press A, I press A and it sort of hangs for 1 second like it dims away, which has never happened on the composite cables. Another thing is that I see absolutely no difference in the quality or anything from the composite and the component. If anything the component has more jagged edges and lines look bad, like the characters are pixelated(on Super Mario Galaxy 2).
It really depends on the game, as well as the quality of the cables. I see a huge improvement on some games (especially Nintendo ones) when using the official cables.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Jakob95 said:

It really depends on the game, as well as the quality of the cables. I see a huge improvement on some games (especially Nintendo ones) when using the official cables.
Can you test on Super Mario Galaxy 2? And can you tell me one game were I can see the biggest difference. Because right now I am not sure right now if my cables are just bad.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
JoostinOnline said:
Jakob95 said:

Can you test on Super Mario Galaxy 2? And can you tell me one game were I can see the biggest difference. Because right now I am not sure right now if my cables are just bad.
I don't own that game, so I can't test it. Two games where I notice the difference are Metroid: Other M and Monster Hunter 3: Tri.

Pay more attention to things like text, because that is where you will really see the difference. 480i to 480p isn't like going to HD, but it does make some things a lot clearer.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Is there a difference between 480i on composite and component?
Joostin already told you. There's a great improvement when using Component cables. I do own Mario Galaxy 2 and there's a noticeable sharpness and brighter colors than composite.

FYI there's no such thing as 480i Component. It is 480i composite and 480p component.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Punch Out & Smash Brawl (--without filter) at 480p will mark a clear difference on a 47' LCD TV, for me at least.

Burton said:
Jakob95 said:
Joostin already told you. There's a great improvement when using Component cables. I do own Mario Galaxy 2 and there's a noticeable sharpness and brighter colors than composite.

Hi man long time no see! And yes, Mario Galaxy 2 uses a lot of "shiny" textures, which at 480p will make look the game beautiful. Or Master Hand at SMBBrawl while expelling rays from its fingers

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 look AMAZING on my VIZIO LED LCD HDTV with Nintendo Component cables, actually all my games look great even the Gamecube games. What kinda of TV you using to play the Wii?

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Coto said:
Punch Out & Smash Brawl (--without filter) at 480p will mark a clear difference on a 47' LCD TV, for me at least.
I have tested the component cables and there's a huge improvement even if the TV is like 15". The truth is that using composite cables on a big screen like Coto's may display an ugly image. Component is like a MUST in this case.

Hi Coto! Nice to you see again.

Saludos desde Puerto Rico! --> Greetings from Puerto Rico!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Burton said:
FYI there's no such thing as 480i Component. It is 480i composite and 480p component.
Not true. You can have the component cables plugged in and still use 480i/576i modes. Component looks a lot better even in interlaced modes because it removes the cross interference between luma and chroma (which causes those little shimmering dots and rainbows).

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Burton said:
Not true. You can have the component cables plugged in and still use 480i/576i modes. Component looks a lot better even in interlaced modes because it removes the cross interference between luma and chroma (which causes those little shimmering dots and rainbows).
What I meant was the existence of 480i cables referred as component not the term you are explaining of you using 480i with component cables which I know it's possible of course.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had any problems with my madcatz cables (8$). Definitely a noticeable difference on a lot of games... not as dramatic as HD, but the textures are sharper and the colors are more saturated. And the text is certainly a lot sharper. Granted, on some other games, there's not difference at all. Maybe you just got bad cables.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Jakob95 said:
If anything the component has more jagged edges and lines look bad, like the characters are pixelated
That's because with the component cable you're seeing the jaggies and pixels much more clearly.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
Jakob95 said:

But with my Component cable I am still able to choose 480i in the settings.

Burton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Burton said:
Jakob95 said:

But with my Component cable I am still able to choose 480i in the settings.

Ok let me try to clarify this. When you use your component cables you can choose either 480i or 480p resolutions but that isn't the issue, what I'm trying to address that many people tend to say "I have 480i component cables" and that is a mistake. The correct way to say it is: "I'm using 480i resolution with my component cables".

Now that we are clear I assume your question is:
"Is the 480i composite and the 480i resolution using my component cables the same?"

If that is your question then Tueidj already answered it in the above post.

Sorry for being so repetitive with this but is good to express things in the correct way.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also another thing I have noticed when the screen is black or something, you can see gray dots all over the screen blinking or something. And you also notice it when there is something gray in the background of the game.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Also another thing I have noticed when the screen is black or something, you can see gray dots all over the screen blinking or something. And you also notice it when there is something gray in the background of the game.

That sounds like bad cables or interference from something else around the location of your wii/tv.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
Jakob95 said:

That sounds like bad cables or interference from something else around the location of your wii/tv.
What could be interferering? This reminds me the problem I had with my PS3 with its HDMI cable, it had the same thing when I used it in my cousins TV when I put the resolution on 720p(But it worked perfectly on 1080p), but in my house 720p worked fine on the PS3 with the same cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-