Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this seem a bit to easy to use NTR again. Still gonna wait till HB before I update.
Ughh the urge to help on GBATemp todays too strong w/ the freshly laid brown Nintendo biscuit of an update is keeping me from doing what i need to do atm D:

pretty much any Home Menu Update will break Directly Boot NTR as well as any NFIRM Updates (offsets and such. ) because the changes were easy to spot for the Homemenu, this was an Easy quick fix, 11.1 NFirm though, Not so much and since it seems to be a trend, each new FW seems to be compatable w/ the previous NFIRM atm atleast..

Anywho thats why its working. if you want HBMenu as well. thats a Dirty fix (downgrade Homemenu + Dev Luma 11.0 NFirm loading.)

Reactions: Mandikiri

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
What do we need to do?
Run an older version of BootNTR that doesn't support 11.0 NFIRM (such as the latest one on cell9's github). It should generate 4 dump files on the root of your SD card, called axiwram.dmp, pid0.dmp, pid2.dmp, and pid3.dmp, on the root of the SD card, I need those four files

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run an older version of BootNTR that doesn't support 11.0 NFIRM (such as the latest one on cell9's github). It should generate 4 dump files on the root of your SD card, called axiwram.dmp, pid0.dmp, pid2.dmp, and pid3.dmp, on the root of the SD card, I need those four files
I have those files from a previous run of BootNTR from 11.0 (I can't remember where I got the BootNTR from). Do you want me to send you those and see if I can dump some others?

Hexsyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wondered what is the difference/pros-cons of both the dev and the nondev version of luma, I always thought that dev was just for coding familiars or wanted to play gba/dsi titles, so I never really touched that :wtf:

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I always wondered what is the difference/pros-cons of both the dev and the nondev version of luma, I always thought that dev was just for coding familiars or wanted to play gba/dsi titles, so I never really touched that :wtf:
You should be able to play DSi/GBA titles on the non dev version.

The only reason that we need to use the dev version this time is because it lets you load an external firmware in placr of the installed one.

Reactions: Hexsyz

Hexsyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess ill try that out since my other NXL is having a menuhax issue to even proceed installing luma and would have to read a9hl this time around, plus I really should try it anyway (the n3ds 2.1 procedure taunted me for a while)

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Sorry for the question I did not understand anything. I installed Luma today I used Gateway 3DS Emunand. I am using the Luma with A9LH this mode is considered NFIRM. What is NFIRM and could make a video tutorial on how to install this update NTR.

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi everyone! A noob question here!
I'm on Luma with A9LH, and I updated to FW11.1.
If I put the bin file of LumaDev in my SD card, like this : "SD:\Luma\Payloads\y_LumaDev.bin"; and power on my 3DS with holding the Y button, is it starting LumaDev or not?
Thanks for all! ^^

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok,updated to last luma to "dev" and the old ntr cfw method(with firmware.bin into luma folder)works again,also updated new 3ds system firm(both emu and sys)11.1 and all goes well with A9LH :)

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, I have added the lumadev to my boot manager.

It has loaded up to the config screen, do I select the same settings as I have on my normal luma setup.

So I can use the firmware.bin in the luma wiki.

Last edited by Speighty1,

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! A noob question here!
I'm on Luma with A9LH, and I updated to FW11.1.
If I put the bin file of LumaDev in my SD card, like this : "SD:\Luma\Payloads\y_LumaDev.bin"; and power on my 3DS with holding the Y button, is it starting LumaDev or not?
Thanks for all! ^^
It should.

hi, i try BootNtr with luma dev, this my pidf.dmp : https://mega.nz/#!RIlRTACR!qv51NQFvaDLD-8mIlzuowjHZso1jYY2h2pWMhCGWXtI

Can u says me how use bootntr in 11.1 plz ? ^^
Are you using the latest build linked in the OP? Also, do you have the right firmware.bin in /luma/ ?

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks astonautlevel! It works! ^^

But another question...
Is it normal NTRboot works for me without LumaDev?
After testing with LumaDev, I restart my 3DS on Luma3DS 5.5 (no-dev) and run NTRBOOT, it works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay