Hacking BootNTR 11.1 NFIRM Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have put the firmware.bin file from the luma wiki into my luma folder.

I have added the lumadev.bin into my luma payloads folder and set it to boot when i press up, luma dev does boot and brings me to the configuration, this however seems to reset my normal luma config when I boot normally and vice versa.

I set the scv patch and press start, it then just seems to load my normal nand, I tried running the latest bootntr.cia and it still says firmware not supported.

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have put the firmware.bin file from the luma wiki into my luma folder.

I have added the lumadev.bin into my luma payloads folder and set it to boot when i press up, luma dev does boot and brings me to the configuration, this however seems to reset my normal luma config when I boot normally and vice versa.

I set the scv patch and press start, it then just seems to load my normal nand, I tried running the latest bootntr.cia and it still says firmware not supported.
You're surprised? You're booting Luma3DS into Luma 3DS-Dev. Boot Luma3DS normally and set your config options properly, then shut down the console. Rename your arm9loaderhax.bin file to something like luma3ds.bin, take the "LumaDev.bin" and move it to where your arm9loaderhax.bin was and rename LumaDev.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin. Rename your config.bin in the luma file to something like config.bak. Turn your 3DS back and and set the config options and now you're in Luma3DS dev build.

Is Luma dev safe? I mean, chance of ban or anything, because we always use regular version...
It's the same thing, it just has some options mainly meant for developers. Why would it be any different?

Reactions: djalmafreestyler

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks for the help.

Thought it might be something like that.

Will give it a try in the morning.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yes, once I figure it out. Unfortunately, I'm busy with school, so it probably won't be done until the weekend. Aurora is also working on it, so it may get done sooner than then.
Thanks for the quick reply.
One question: I used Gateway in Emunand so the Luma with A9LH is NFIRM right. When you leave this update will only need to install the file or .cia will need to place an additional file.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
is there any difference if i just download and install the luma dev version using luma updater then proceed to place the firmware.bin into luma folder compared to the instruction made by @Dracari ?

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there any difference if i just download and install the luma dev version using luma updater then proceed to place the firmware.bin into luma folder compared to the instruction made by @Dracari ?

Good question since that's what I did...

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Good question since that's what I did...

yeah, after i did as what i have wrote, i think it work fine, but the first time i open NTR, it says success then while exiting, it say exception (in red) and show multiple rows of number, and at the bottom it say something about dump, i didnt look it that much since i understand none of that. Then i reboot, and open NTR again, this time it says success and exit properly..(sorry if this doesnt make sense, my english is just moderate)

Dracari

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weirdly the BootNTR I have now has a Homebrew Launcher Loader icon...it works the icon is just wrong...for some reason...XD

Got it there : https://github.com/SirBeethoven/BootNTR/releases for people interested I chose the BootNTRLoader.zip...
i'd stick to @astronautlevel 's build in the meantime till 11.1NFIRM Support's out,

yeah, after i did as what i have wrote, i think it work fine, but the first time i open NTR, it says success then while exiting, it say exception (in red) and show multiple rows of number, and at the bottom it say something about dump, i didnt look it that much since i understand none of that. Then i reboot, and open NTR again, this time it says success and exit properly..(sorry if this doesnt make sense, my english is just moderate)
sen astronautlevel the Dumps locacted on the SD Card so this can be Examined.

nothing really TBH, i've never used the updater personally as i've always perfeered building my own copyas long it properly downloads Luma DEV and not just a github build of Luma. (so many mistake Github builds are dev builds!) i just have up there what i've instructed to take that potential confusion outta the mix.

narzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@Dracari i actually have no idea on how to upload file here or to pm @astronautlevel to send the file,.the .DMP file doesnt show up when i try to upload the file. Maybe i will try to compress it with zip file first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)