Hacking Bootmii Problem

tomthemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i'm new here and ive read pretty much everything on bootmii but im having a big problem i cant find help for. I used hackmii istaller recently to install bootmii as boot2 and as an IOS. they both successfully installed and i can access bootmii from the homebrew channel as an ios, but it wont load as boot2 when i turn on my wii. My Lexar 2gb SD card is compatible with bootmii. I really want this extra brick protection. Please Help. Thanks.

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same issue. Installed as Boot2 only and it worked fine, all the files are on the SD card. But when i power the wii it just pauses for 5 seconds, does the double flash on the LED slot, then waits for you to press A at the safety menu. I'v changed the bootmii.ini and enabled the AUTOBOOT but it does nothing, chaning the AUTOBOOT delay also does nothing. If i power the wii with no SD card it goes to the safety menu right away. I'v read all i can find about bootmii but still cant figure this out. I know installing as an IOS will let me access the bootmii menu but it seems a little stupid/pointless as the boot2 says it was succesful. I'v tried clearing the SD and uninstalling/reinstalling bootmii as boot2, all went perfectly, but with the same result. Am i just missing something small here? Any help on this puzzling problem is appreciated
smile.gif

Wii specs:
3.3u
HBC 1.0.3
cIOSrev13b
Bootmii (beta 2)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did you press enter on the HackMii Installer/BootMii part where it says "PREPARE SD"...?? that worked for me, after you get that working, use the "BootMii Configurator" app to set the SysMenu on autoboot, or in whatever you want...!!
wink.gif

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same problem. I prepared the SD and i tried to configure the bootmii.ini file but the program didn't recognise it. I am using a Lexar 4gb SDHC card and bootmii beta 1 worked normally

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mrgarrison said:
I'm having the same issue. Installed as Boot2 only and it worked fine, all the files are on the SD card. But when i power the wii it just pauses for 5 seconds, does the double flash on the LED slot, then waits for you to press A at the safety menu. I'v changed the bootmii.ini and enabled the AUTOBOOT but it does nothing, chaning the AUTOBOOT delay also does nothing. If i power the wii with no SD card it goes to the safety menu right away. I'v read all i can find about bootmii but still cant figure this out. I know installing as an IOS will let me access the bootmii menu but it seems a little stupid/pointless as the boot2 says it was succesful. I'v tried clearing the SD and uninstalling/reinstalling bootmii as boot2, all went perfectly, but with the same result. Am i just missing something small here? Any help on this puzzling problem is appreciated
smile.gif

Wii specs:
3.3u
HBC 1.0.3
cIOSrev13b
Bootmii (beta 2)

You need to edit the CFG file so it wont autoboot to SysMenu, and you can turn off the 5 secs delay so you don't have to see that everytime you turn ON your Wii...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE(Luckkill4u @ Jul 10 2009, 09:19 PM) I'm having the same problem. I prepared the SD and i tried to configure the bootmii.ini file but the program didn't recognise it. I am using a Lexar 4gb SDHC card and bootmii beta 1 worked normally

You can do it manually too, I just mention the BootMii CFG Editor to do it all from inside the HBC, but you can open the .ini file with doble-click and edit it yourself by hand...!!
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Lexar MicroSD that works with Beta1, but I haven't updated to beta2 yet. I'll be doing that in a few weeks when I have my Wii again. Maybe the guys who posted in that wiki haven't updated since beta1

tomthemon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, lets say my sd card is incompatible. bootmii has been successfully istalled as boot2 so if my wii for some reason bricks i could buy a compatible sd card, transfer the bootmii files from my old sd card onto my new, compatible one, turn on my wii and bootmii will load? is this correct?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, this is correct.

I had the same problem... My 2gb SanDisk SD card doesnt work at all with bootmii, yet my 1GB SanDisk does. If you really have to, you can move the files to the working SD card and boot it that way, were you to brick.

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its definitely the SD card. i installed bootmii beta2 just fine and prepared about 6 SD cards (2x Microcenter 2GB, 1x microcenter 1gb, 1x PNY 2gb, 2x Sandisk 8gb MicroSDHC, 1x 512mb sandisk) and only two of them worked for booting up, yet i could technically prepare all of them just fine. it's because the code to read SD cards is different in the installer and the app. something about MINI -- someone else needs to explain that part. good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think