Hacking BootMii Looses Remote Sync

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have tried to launch BootMii (hackmii_installer_beta2) from HBC and tried the boot.elf on the root of the sd card, i can get it to load, but soon as it does i loose remote sync and the remote wont sync, i have tried different sd cards, still the same thing, my spec's below

Gnac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Readmes are awesome; you should read them.

When you do this, you will discover that Wiimotes are not supported, and you will also find out how to navigate Bootmii without one.

EDIT: heee, I guess we all need to read harder sometimes.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaz808 said:
I have tried to launch BootMii (hackmii_installer_beta2) from HBC and tried the boot.elf on the root of the sd card, i can get it to load, but soon as it does i loose remote sync and the remote wont sync, i have tried different sd cards, still the same thing, my spec's below

You have to use a gamecube controller to navigate through it I believe

Wilson735

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YankeeFan802 said:
Jaz808 said:

You use the Wii System buttons to navigate. Reset to cycle through the options, Power to select an option.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i think he means hese trying to install it.

dude u probably has cioscorp installed, bootmii installer needs a untouched ios with trucha bug present.

install a original IOS36 and try again it should work

download it with NUSDownloader, check my sig for link

and then install it with WADManager

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your guys' responses to this are a bit off as you all are assuming he means using bootmii itself as his poorly named thread title suggests when he is actually talking about the hackmii installer losing wiimote sync. This is indeed a bug and wiimote's are supposed to work with it, but it happens if they aren't synced properly or something.

Nevertheless the advice given is still correct. You should be able to use a GC controller, but if you don't have one try holding down the sync button for like 30 seconds or a minute (I forget how long it takes to desync everything) and then resync all of your remotes again, then try it again.

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank guys, KliniKal is right, as soon as i load the dol/elf a get the back screen with the white writting then right then the remote loose sync, after 30 - 40 sec's you get the message to press button 1 and thats what i cant do, cant install it, not navigate through it

And right again i do have cioscorp installed, so here is my prob, i will reload ios36
cheers
smile.gif

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wilson735 said:
YankeeFan802 said:
Jaz808 said:

You use the Wii System buttons to navigate. Reset to cycle through the options, Power to select an option.
Power to cycle and reset to select

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the WiiMote looses sync while hanging in the hackmii installer beta2 you are asked to do this in the System Menu, before booting up hackmii again:

wiiRemoteSynchStandard.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Make sure no wireless/bluettoth devices are in the "range" at the moment. Shouldn't really matter, but sometimes you will be amazed how much a wireless phone (DECT) interfer with a Bluetooth device.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
i think he means hese trying to install it.

dude u probably has cioscorp installed, bootmii installer needs a untouched ios with trucha bug present.

install a original IOS36 and try again it should work

download it with NUSDownloader, check my sig for link

and then install it with WADManager

This is correct; Re-install a clean copy of IOS36 and the issue will be resolved.
smile.gif

Lexip;

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaz808 said:
No i dont get asked to re-sync, i have to hold the power button on the wii to reboot
I never loose sync any other time

The installer isn't going to ask you to do it...

Just try it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1