Hacking bootmii in 4.1

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys i was looking around the threds and not any of them mation bootmii and wil it be over written when i update

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bootmii is contained in the wiis boot2 (if that was your install choice) and it is very unlikely that nintendo would update boot2 and if it were to update boot2 it would have to be a deliberate attack on bootmii to erase it, and why would nintendo want to get rid of bootmii it does not allow piracy only protection so i would imagine NO it does not
smile.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjc1992 said:
bootmii is contained in the wiis boot2 (if that was your install choice) and it is very unlikely that nintendo would update boot2 and if it were to update boot2 it would have to be a deliberate attack on bootmii to erase it, and why would nintendo want to get rid of bootmii it does not allow piracy only protection so i would imagine NO it does not
smile.gif

Well, it can be used to force a downgrade of IOS's if you use cboot2 with either boot2 or IOS install. And through that you can install cIOS, which can be used for piracy.

Not the original intent of bootmii of course, but still a use of it to indirectly allow piracy.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
jjc1992 said:
smile.gif

Well, it can be used to force a downgrade of IOS's if you use cboot2 with either boot2 or IOS install. And through that you can install cIOS, which can be used for piracy.

Not the original intent of bootmii of course, but still a use of it to indirectly allow piracy.

Yes that's very true but the fact is that Nintendo doesn't want ANYTHING there besides original discs and virtual downloads

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo have never actually removed HBC or DVDx or anything like that, so why would they remove BootMii?

EDIT: The only thing they are likely to do is block the exploits used for installation of HBC and DVDx and BootMii, but that hasn't happened with this update.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
There will be no affect at all. Nintendo has never touched the boot2 and does not look they will any time in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw