XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
The person that started this thread hasn't been active since July of last year. I would like for a mod to change it as me being the starter of this thread so I can keep it up to date, and if not then I will start a new thread.

If you agree with this then please voice your opinion here.

At least I am a constantly active member here.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The person that started this thread hasn't been active since July of last year. I would like for a mod to change it as me being the starter of this thread so I can keep it up to date, and if not then I will start a new thread.

If you agree with this then please voice your opinion here.

At least I am a constantly active member here.
I'm not really positive if a mod can do that.

But hey, if your dream of being a self-proclaimed moderator comes true, then see for yourself. :P

Reactions: 1 person

.44 Magnum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to give a BIG thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. Because of the information provided here, I knew exactly what to look for when I bought my own bootmii @ boot 2 Wii. Thanks so much!!

I'm also all for DeadlyFoez taking control of this thread. It's very useful information and should definitely be maintained by a consistently active member.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Old thread, but I'll add mine to the list. Just got done modding my sister's wii. The first half of the number is as follows:

LU6000

BootMii reports that it can't write to Boot2. So looks like it falls in line with the rest. :P

How unlucky of her. The rest of the serial makes me think it was part of the batch that was made just after they fixed the exploit in the boot2.... :P

Though I'm curious as to if my sister's Wii is part of the batch that can still read DVD-Rs.

I've attempted to boot a burned game via WiiFlow. I managed to get one to get past the Wii mote warning screen, but it then just sat there with the drive trying to read it. Wii wouldn't read DVD+Rs at all. But it almost loaded a game on a DVD-R.

I bet I just don't have the best brand of DVD-Rs to use being that the Wii was able to read one of my attempted games to some point.

Perhaps it never read it because I couldn't get WiiFlow to even boot Wii games off SD. It would either sit a black screen forever or it a DSI error and reboot. Odd. I gave up and uninstalled WiiFlow and used CFG Loader with the gamecube mod (since I also have DIOS-MIOS Lite installed) and that one loaded them like a charm. Haven't seen if it can do DVD-Rs yet...

EDIT:

Super Paper Mario burned to DVD-R (at 3x) seems to load perfectly in NeoGammar so I guess I can consider my sister lucky. :D

EDIT: It even reads DVD+Rs.... :D

Terl

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Very old thread i know but, does anyone know here if you can still buy used such boot2 vulnerable consoles?
And one year later I can answer that question. Wii owners are offloading their old game consoles all the time. Now with XBox360s, XBoxOnes, PS3s, PS4s etc, etc the old Wii is looking a bit dated and as component video is the best you can get out of it without a (probably impossible to find) hardware addition and new Tvs don't come with that feature, it looks like curtains for the Wii; a great console and still in good use here in this house. So of course they are still available but you have to know what to look for. The spreadsheet here on gbatemp can help. I found a low serial numbered Wii and bought it just the other day for 20 bucks so that's August 2019 and soft-modded it and it is bootmi in nand compatible and is now exactly so. I now have two Wiis with the bootmii in nand packed as new in original boxes but they sit in the shed gathering dust and really, who cares now? The softmodded Wii the family use is not bootmii in nand compatible nevertheless it has given us good service for many years, never faltering and is attached to a HDD with over 300 games. I've lost a hard drive and a power supply but the Wii itself won't die. It uses a coverflow menu to select the games and the little kids love it. So who needs a brick-proof Wii when any old OS v4.2 Wii can be soft-modded in seconds with the messagebomb now? I would guess very few these days so I thought I would give this little update here as it seems to have died. This thread is easily found with Google so worth adding some extra info I think. Here in Oz I reckon any Wii with LAH100xxx would take the boot2 in nand mod. Now tht I have registered I will drag them out, check the serial numbers, and list them here including the workhorse which is not nand-write compatible.
Thanks for reading guys!
FYI softmodding a PS3 is the way to go now. It's easy and rewarding.
Terl

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
And one year later I can answer that question. Wii owners are offloading their old game consoles all the time. Now with XBox360s, XBoxOnes, PS3s, PS4s etc, etc the old Wii is looking a bit dated and as component video is the best you can get out of it without a (probably impossible to find) hardware addition and new Tvs don't come with that feature, it looks like curtains for the Wii; a great console and still in good use here in this house. So of course they are still available but you have to know what to look for. The spreadsheet here on gbatemp can help. I found a low serial numbered Wii and bought it just the other day for 20 bucks so that's August 2019 and soft-modded it and it is bootmi in nand compatible and is now exactly so. I now have two Wiis with the bootmii in nand packed as new in original boxes but they sit in the shed gathering dust and really, who cares now? The softmodded Wii the family use is not bootmii in nand compatible nevertheless it has given us good service for many years, never faltering and is attached to a HDD with over 300 games. I've lost a hard drive and a power supply but the Wii itself won't die. It uses a coverflow menu to select the games and the little kids love it. So who needs a brick-proof Wii when any old OS v4.2 Wii can be soft-modded in seconds with the messagebomb now? I would guess very few these days so I thought I would give this little update here as it seems to have died. This thread is easily found with Google so worth adding some extra info I think. Here in Oz I reckon any Wii with LAH100xxx would take the boot2 in nand mod. Now tht I have registered I will drag them out, check the serial numbers, and list them here including the workhorse which is not nand-write compatible.
Thanks for reading guys!
FYI softmodding a PS3 is the way to go now. It's easy and rewarding.
Terl
Why one year later? I asked this question only two months ago...

And by the way...i don't want a ps3 or something other.

Terl

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why one year later? I asked this question only two months ago...

And by the way...i don't want a ps3 or something other.

Mate, it's a very old thread,you said so yourself. It's 12 years old. My comments and many others here should be taken generally not specifically to any one person's needs. I commend gbatmp for not locking this thread after such a long time.
As for your question I answered it along the way. Is that not good enough for you? Of course you can buy the "right" Wii for your specific purpose. My comments were based on the fact that it isn't as important now as it wa when Wiis cost as much as PS4s and XBones do now.
It seems I'm the only one who answered your two month old question. So you got a notification someone replied to your question and you jumped on me for doing that? I know you are interested in a certain aged Wii. Did I mention a Wii is still giving good service in this house and the kids love it? Did I mention new TVs don't have the component input sockets? Can a house have more than one console? Is it okay to mention PS3s which as of a few months ago can be jailbroken extremely easily? Other people read these threads and will gain from pretty well all the informative comments here in this thread.
Here in Oz, a Wii game still costs as much as a PS3 game. Wiis attraction is fading faster every day. I use homebrew on the Wii attached to the kids TV and really it can do everything a Wii with Boot2 in Nand can do. There is no working difference unless you are unlucky enough to run some poorly implemented custom homebrew software and you brick the Wii. You get to unbrick it or just go out and buy another $20 Wii and mark down the experience as a lesson learned. I made the point that I have two of the once special Wiis in the shed but have no need to use them. I hoped they would gain in value but smarter people than me figured out better ways to jailbreak them and so they are but testimonies to a forgone era.
If you are hell-bent on getting one of these, just buy a couple of the oldest, dirtiest, cheapest (but still working) Wii you can find and run the letterbomb exploit and test software that comes with it on them. It's super easy and virtually automatic. One caveat though, the Wii must be at or below 4.3 OS. If below bring it up to 4.3 with a Wii game disc. I used The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword for that but there are heaps of game discs that have the update on them.
Good luck!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is a wii with the serial number lu5533XXXX compatible?
No idea. If you own that console just start HackMii Installer. According to the first post of this thread this looks promising.

Still searching for an older Wii? I got a few units with the old boot1 on ebay-kleinanzeigen.de (if that is a platform you'd consider). Some sellers take pictures of everything including the serial number and I got lucky with some starting LEH–1… If you – unlike me – consider shipping instead of personally retrieving items, you'll find an abundance of offerings.

Good luck!

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Finally I got the wii yesterday and it has a vulnerable boot2 boot1;)

Attachments

• IMG_20220309_161935.jpg
    IMG_20220309_161935.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220309_162103.jpg
    IMG_20220309_162103.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited by BaamAlex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: One of the worst games I have ever played