Boondocks is Back (Season 4).

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the earlier episodes, but I'm not sure yet what percentage of that is nostalgia and what percentage of it is me having a hard time enjoying anything nowadays.

Social_Outlaw

G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t
OP
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm definitely not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed the earlier episodes, but I'm not sure yet what percentage of that is nostalgia and what percentage of it is me having a hard time enjoying anything nowadays.

1st episode was terrible (it was just the reskinned usher episode)
2nd episode was decent

I haven't found no type of humor yet this season just focus on a storyline this hurts lol.

D

Deleted_171835

First episode was pretty good but the second episode was pretty bad. 1 for 2 so far.

edit: okay, the third episode (brbb parody) was really good, pretty funny and i liked the commentary on black hair products. so many quoteable lines as well.

"Bitches be putting acid in their hair if it'd straighten it"

"Granddad, you're gonna kill people!"
"We'll put a warning label on it. Warning: Flammable. Moral dilemma solved."
"Solved, n****!"

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was a horrible send off to say the least
wtf was that sub plot about the money the freemans owned they decided to carry on through every episode and then just forget about and not wrap anything up in the last episode?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watched the first two episodes of season 4...

Well 1 and a half, I couldn't make it through the second one. Seems that the show has sold out, like it is trying to push a "happy medium" within those social paradigms that it was attacking in the previous seasons, especially season 1 and 3.
As fate would have it, I talked to a buddy of mine who is a huge fan of this show and the comic strip that came before it, and it turns out that the guy who created the show, sold it and has nothing to do with it any more what so ever.
Well in a world where the bad guys are re-presented as the hero or the victim...

...well I just turn it off, and try not to allow it to invade my mind space. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock