Hacking Boom Blox question

naraku000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a US Wii with the latest firmware 3.20U. I got a bootleg DVD of the game (from some chinese mall) with no way of knowing what version, etc, the game is. Although the printed cover says that it is the US version.

I tried inserting the game in my Wii and a system update notice comes up. Now, is this a sure sign that this game is not US version of the game ? what can I do?

ty

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A modded wii will run any region game and display the update.
Use imgburn to create an iso from your disc. Then open that file in RegionFrii, it will tell you the region of the iso

naraku000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if it's a EU it'll brick my Wii if I update it ?

for some reason my dvd-rw (laptop, desktop, other laptop) can't seem to read these discs. the bottom of the dvd is weird kind of yellow...must be some copy protection of...bootlegs. maybe it's calibrated so only the wii can read it...

naraku000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used usbgecko region free (came with homebrew channel)...load the game from there, it works. a bit of a hassle, guess good thing the game isn't so hot.

elektrixxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wish developers would actually make the game fill the entire screen instead of leaving black borders all around.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
naraku000 said:

for some reason my dvd-rw (laptop, desktop, other laptop) can't seem to read these discs. the bottom of the dvd is weird kind of yellow...must be some copy protection of...bootlegs. maybe it's calibrated so only the wii can read it...
it is not a "bootleg" it's an illegally pressed copy. Update your wii online to the latest update then it will not ask for an update.
And it's actually a pretty cool game

naraku000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
naraku000 said:

it is not a "bootleg" it's an illegally pressed copy. Update your wii online to the latest update then it will not ask for an update.

my fw is 3.20U which is the VERY latest offered via online update. It actually says there's no higher firmware...the game might have a higher version...but why not offer it via online update.

na i won't update.

Nintendokid54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elektrixxx said:
I wish developers would actually make the game fill the entire screen instead of leaving black borders all around.

funny... i don't have that... mine is in widescreen...check your setting on your wii...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
naraku000 said:
manias said:
naraku000 said:

my fw is 3.20U which is the VERY latest offered via online update. It actually says there's no higher firmware...the game might have a higher version...but why not offer it via online update.

na i won't update.

Some games have a small update specific to that or a few games. It won't change the version number. Whatever your firmware is, you need to install that update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up